wolfurs | 16 Mar 15:45 2010
Picon

Error when sending emails to Comcast users #552 5.2.0 Invalid 7bit DATA ##

When I send e-mails to comcast users using blat my messages are bouncing back with this error #552 5.2.0 Invalid 7bit DATA ##. What does this mean and how can I resolve it?

Thanks,
Jason

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
--
Homepage:
  http://www.blat.net

Tim Musson | 16 Mar 16:37 2010

Re: Error when sending emails to Comcast users #552 5.2.0 Invalid 7bit DATA ##

Hey wolfurs,

On Tuesday, March 16, 2010 at 10:45:23 AM you wrote

w> When I send e-mails to comcast users using blat my messages are
w> bouncing back with this error #552 5.2.0 Invalid 7bit DATA ##. What
w> does this mean and how can I resolve it?

Well, that is an error from the SMTP server, and the only thing that
is consistent from one server to another is the 552 as far as I can
tell. A google search of "SMTP 552" turned up some interesting
results, but nothing very helpful I don't think.

Does it work sending to other non-Comcast users?
Are you connecting directly to the Comcast SMTP servers (and getting
that error message from them)?

When you post to the list, please include;
The version of Blat you are using,
The command line you used to run Blat (please use -debug),
The output of the -debug command.

Please change any eMail or server addresses (including the
munged data in the debug logs, it can be decoded fairly
easily) - it is never a good idea to send that information
to a public list.

--
Tim Musson
Flying with The Bat! eMail v3.99.29

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
--
Homepage:
  http://www.blat.net

wolfurs | 16 Mar 16:33 2010
Picon

Re: Error when sending emails to Comcast users #552 5.2.0 Invalid 7bit DATA ##

I should have given more information. It is sending through an Exchange server and I am using the latest version of BLAT. I am not sure what oiptions it is using to send as it is going through another program that passes options to BLAT. It seems to work fine for all other e-mail addresses, just not Comcast.

Thank you for any help or direction anyone can provide.

Thanks,
Jason

--- In blat <at> yahoogroups.com, "wolfurs" <wolfurs <at> ...> wrote:

> When I send e-mails to comcast users using blat my messages are bouncing back with this error #552 5.2.0 Invalid 7bit DATA ##. What does this mean and how can I resolve it?
>
> Thanks,
> Jason

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
--
Homepage:
  http://www.blat.net

Moore, Bruce | 16 Mar 17:25 2010

RE: Re: Error when sending emails to Comcast users #552 5.2.0 Invalid 7bit DATA ##

Jason

can you add the " -debug BLAT.log " option to your sending program and
then forward the log to this list?
It will help us to assist you in resolving this issue.

Bruce
________________________________

I should have given more information. It is sending through an Exchange
server and I am using the latest version of BLAT. I am not sure what
oiptions it is using to send as it is going through another program that
passes options to BLAT. It seems to work fine for all other e-mail
addresses, just not Comcast.

Thank you for any help or direction anyone can provide.

Thanks,
Jason

--- In blat <at> yahoogroups.com <mailto:blat%40yahoogroups.com> , "wolfurs"
<wolfurs <at> ...> wrote:

> When I send e-mails to comcast users using blat my messages are
bouncing back with this error #552 5.2.0 Invalid 7bit DATA ##. What does
this mean and how can I resolve it?

> Thanks,
> Jason

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
--
Homepage:
  http://www.blat.net

Chip | 17 Mar 03:27 2010

Re: Re: Error when sending emails to Comcast users #552 5.2.0 Invalid 7bit DATA ##

Before you post a debug output to this list, please change any
authentication lines to asterisks. If you see "AUTH PLAIN" or "AUTH LOGIN"
in the log file, that indicates your login credentials will be following,
but encoded with base64.

Chip

Recent Activity:
--