ilsuonogiallo | 9 Aug 00:12 2011
Picon

Failed to open registry key for Blat in scheduled task

Hi all,

I am using blat 2.6.2 from Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit to send email from batch files.

When I run the batch file manuallu everything works; when I schedule it through the "Task Scheduler" i got the error
"Failed to open registry key for Blat"

My batch scritp tries to run:

and it gets:

Blat v2.6.2 w/GSS encryption (build : Feb 25 2007 12:06:19)

Failed to open registry key for Blat
To set the SMTP server's name/address and your username/email address for that
server machine do:
blat -install server_name your_email_address
or use '-server <server_name>' and '-f <your_email_address>'
aborting, nothing sent

The task is scheduled with the option "run with highest privileges" using an Administrator account.

Thanks for every help!

Andrea

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
--
Homepage:
  http://www.blat.net

Moore, Bruce | 9 Aug 15:14 2011

RE: Failed to open registry key for Blat in scheduled task

Andrea

I believe the message means that BLAT is looking for default entries in
the registry and can not find them.
Have you used BLAT before? On this computer? Sounds like BLAT is not
installed correctly. Try re-installing BLAT.

After you re-install BLAT, use the DEBUG option and send the log to this
list (mod any personal info first)

Bruce
________________________________

I am using blat 2.6.2 from Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit to send email
from batch files.

When I run the batch file manuallu everything works; when I schedule it
through the "Task Scheduler" i got the error
"Failed to open registry key for Blat"

My batch scritp tries to run:

.\blat\bin\blat.exe robocopy.log -s "TUTTO OK nel backup del PC di casa"
-to toaddress <at> gmail.com <mailto:toaddress%40gmail.com> -f from <at> email.it
<mailto:from%40email.it> -cc ccaddress <at> gmail.com
<mailto:ccaddress%40gmail.com> -p emailit_nellino -debug

and it gets:

Blat v2.6.2 w/GSS encryption (build : Feb 25 2007 12:06:19)

Failed to open registry key for Blat
To set the SMTP server's name/address and your username/email address
for that
server machine do:
blat -install server_name your_email_address
or use '-server <server_name>' and '-f <your_email_address>'
aborting, nothing sent

The task is scheduled with the option "run with highest privileges"
using an Administrator account.

Thanks for every help!

Andrea

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
--
Homepage:
  http://www.blat.net

Tim Musson | 9 Aug 15:29 2011

Re: Failed to open registry key for Blat in scheduled task

Hey Andrea,

On Monday, August 8, 2011 at 6:12:06 PM you wrote

i> I am using blat 2.6.2 from Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit to send
i> email from batch files.

i> When I run the batch file manuallu everything works; when I
i> schedule it through the "Task Scheduler" i got the error "Failed to
i> open registry key for Blat"

i> The task is scheduled with the option "run with highest privileges"
i> using an Administrator account.

Windows 7 is a completely odd beast when talking bout rights... My
guess is that when you ran blat -install, it was using one set of
credentials, and then when you are calling Blat from the Task
Scheduler, it is using a different set. They need to be the same, or
you will likely get this error...

Just having higher privileges isn't necessarily going to solve your
problem.

For example, if you log in as yourself, and Blat can't access it's
default location because you don't have rights, it will choose an
alternative location to store it's settings in the Registry. Now when
you run Blat with "highest privs", it *can* access it's default
location, but there isn't anything there. It will also not know to go
look in the other location, because that is based on your
credentials...

--
Tim Musson
Flying with The Bat! eMail v5.0.8