Harish Badrinath | 11 Aug 15:37 2010
Picon

[deepOfix Development] Announcing deepOfix 3.4 rc4


Hello,

         After a brief hiatus, we at DeeRootLinux are proud to announce the release of a new relelase candidate of deepOfix.

A high level overview of the upgrades are

(a) update to debian squeeze

(b) upgrade to kernel 2.6.34.1

(c) an upgraded Easypush Server Manager.

(b) vacation templates back in action in squirrel mail

(c) updated clam-av and samba

Hope this and upcoming releases add to an improved user ( includes end users, administrators,etc)
experience. 

Please find ISO at http://download.deeproot.in/deepOfix-Mail-Server/testing/deepOfix-Mail-Server-v3.4rc4.iso

Have a great day

M.Harish Badri Nath.

Debayan Banerjee | 11 Aug 19:59 2010
Picon

Re: [deepOfix Development] Announcing deepOfix 3.4 rc4

Awesome. Great to see deepofix back on track. Sorry for the top post by the way.

On 8/11/10, Harish Badrinath <harish@...> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>          After a brief hiatus, we at DeeRootLinux are proud to announce the
> release of a new relelase candidate of deepOfix.
>
> A high level overview of the upgrades are
>
> (a) update to debian squeeze
> (b) upgrade to kernel 2.6.34.1
> (c) an upgraded Easypush Server Manager.
> (b) vacation templates back in action in squirrel mail
> (c) updated clam-av and samba
>
> Hope this and upcoming releases add to an improved user ( includes end
> users, administrators,etc) experience.
> Please find ISO at
> http://download.deeproot.in/deepOfix-Mail-Server/testing/deepOfix-Mail-Server-v3.4rc4.iso
>
> Have a great day
> M.Harish Badri Nath.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>           The deepOfix Mail Server development mailing list
> http://code.deeproot.in/deepofix | http://code.deeproot.in/easypush
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: deepofix-devel-unsubscribe@...
>
>
(Continue reading)

Florian Pöck | 26 Aug 11:56 2010
Picon

[deepOfix Development] Feedback/impressions regarding DeepOfix 3.4.rc4

On 11.08.2010 15:47 , Harish Badrinath wrote:
Hello, After a brief hiatus, we at DeeRootLinux are proud to announce the release of a new relelase candidate of deepOfix. A high level overview of the upgrades are (a) update to debian squeeze (b) upgrade to kernel 2.6.34.1 (c) an upgraded Easypush Server Manager. (b) vacation templates back in action in squirrel mail (c) updated clam-av and samba
Hi,

as Stefano already did a first test-run with this RC4 - i started another one today on Mac OS X & with VMware Fusion.

Some points i noticed in addition to stefanos great report:

a) Installer
How about offering an option to define a DNS Server while setting up the time etc (for sure optional & could be for sure be done in EasyPush too)

b) Installer
I had a virtual 8 GB HD - which just worked without the size-problem-messages stefano mentioned

c) Installer
Hostname is checked too late & can prevent an installation without warning while hostname-definition.

d) Booting
Grub lists (Version 3.4rc) while (Version 3.4rc4) would be the correct version-string right?

e) Sources
I realized 2 apt-sources in /etc/apt/sources.list after the basic install.
Install-CD & the doublethink source.
From my point of view it could make sense to add default debian sources as well - maybe just outcommented.

f) EasyPush
I did a simple apt-get update && apt-get upgrade which resulted in the following output

The following packages will be upgraded:
  deepofix-firewall easypush
2 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 2423kB of archives.
After this operation, 0B of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Y
Get:1 http://packages.deeproot.in doublethink/deepofix deepofix-firewall 3.16.svn372 [10.1kB]
Get:2 http://packages.deeproot.in doublethink/deepofix easypush 3.16.svn372 [2413kB]
Fetched 2423kB in 4s (485kB/s)          
(Reading database ... 74333 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace deepofix-firewall 3.16.672 (using .../deepofix-firewall_3.16.svn372_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement deepofix-firewall ...
Preparing to replace easypush 3.4.668.2 (using .../easypush_3.16.svn372_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement easypush ...
Setting up deepofix-firewall (3.16.svn372) ...
Setting up easypush (3.16.svn372) ...
/var/easypush/bin/b64/b64enc: error while loading shared libraries: libldap-2.3.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
root <at> deepofix-test:~#

At that point i wasn’t able to access easypush at all - browser (https://ip:4080) resulted in a blank page after asking for the htaccess-informations.


Best Regards
Florian Pöck
-- - Stromversorgungen für industrielle Anwendungen - Kniel System-Electronic GmbH Postfach 210849 - 76158 Karlsruhe - Deutschland Telefon +49 721 95920 - Fax +49 721 9592100 www.kniel.de - Geschaeftsfuehrer: Dipl. Ing. (FH) Helmut Kniel Dipl. Ing. (FH) Dieter Bretschneider Hannelore Gob USt-ID: DE 143 598 834 registriert beim Amtsgericht Mannheim, HRB 101538
Florian Pöck | 26 Aug 13:41 2010
Picon

[deepOfix Development] Easypush Typo

  Easypush in Deepofix 3.4rc4 has a small typo

in
     'Server' Tab -> 'Max Upload Size'
you'll find the following string
     'Max Attechment Size'

I guess that should be 'AttAchment' - not 'AttEchment'

Apart from that i am wondering why this setting is not located in the 
'Mail Server' Tab - as it seems heavily mail-related to me ;)

Best Regards
Florian

On 11.08.2010 15:47 , Harish Badrinath wrote:
> date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 19:07:40 +0530
> MIME-Version: 1.0
> content-type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
> User-Agent: SOGoMail 1.2.2
> content-transfer-encoding: 7bit
> Subject: [deepOfix Development] Announcing deepOfix 3.4 rc4
>
>
> Hello,
>           After a brief hiatus, we at DeeRootLinux are proud to announce the release of a new relelase candidate of deepOfix.
>
> A high level overview of the upgrades are
>
> (a) update to debian squeeze
> (b) upgrade to kernel 2.6.34.1
> (c) an upgraded Easypush Server Manager.
> (b) vacation templates back in action in squirrel mail
> (c) updated clam-av and samba
>
> Hope this and upcoming releases add to an improved user ( includes end users, administrators,etc) experience.
> Please find ISO at http://download.deeproot.in/deepOfix-Mail-Server/testing/deepOfix-Mail-Server-v3.4rc4.iso
>
> Have a great day
> M.Harish Badri Nath.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>            The deepOfix Mail Server development mailing list
> http://code.deeproot.in/deepofix | http://code.deeproot.in/easypush
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: deepofix-devel-unsubscribe@...
>

--

-- 
  - Stromversorgungen für industrielle Anwendungen -

	Kniel System-Electronic GmbH
	Postfach 210849 - 76158  Karlsruhe - Deutschland
	Telefon +49 721 95920 - Fax +49 721 9592100
	www.kniel.de
	-
	Geschaeftsfuehrer:
	Dipl. Ing. (FH) Helmut Kniel
	Dipl. Ing. (FH) Dieter Bretschneider
	Hannelore Gob
	USt-ID: DE 143 598 834
	registriert beim Amtsgericht Mannheim, HRB 101538

Florian Pöck | 27 Aug 10:45 2010
Picon

[deepOfix Development] Re: 3.4 rc4 Feedback

  The following services keep crashing after a basic install of deepofix 
3.4rc4 in vmware fusion

* ClamAV
* DNS Caching Service
* Directory Service

Best Regards
Florian

On 11.08.2010 15:47 , Harish Badrinath wrote:
> date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 19:07:40 +0530
> MIME-Version: 1.0
> content-type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
> User-Agent: SOGoMail 1.2.2
> content-transfer-encoding: 7bit
> Subject: [deepOfix Development] Announcing deepOfix 3.4 rc4
>
>
> Hello,
>           After a brief hiatus, we at DeeRootLinux are proud to announce the release of a new relelase candidate of deepOfix.
>
> A high level overview of the upgrades are
>
> (a) update to debian squeeze
> (b) upgrade to kernel 2.6.34.1
> (c) an upgraded Easypush Server Manager.
> (b) vacation templates back in action in squirrel mail
> (c) updated clam-av and samba
>
> Hope this and upcoming releases add to an improved user ( includes end users, administrators,etc) experience.
> Please find ISO at http://download.deeproot.in/deepOfix-Mail-Server/testing/deepOfix-Mail-Server-v3.4rc4.iso
>
> Have a great day
> M.Harish Badri Nath.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>            The deepOfix Mail Server development mailing list
> http://code.deeproot.in/deepofix | http://code.deeproot.in/easypush
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: deepofix-devel-unsubscribe@...
>

--

-- 
  - Stromversorgungen für industrielle Anwendungen -

	Kniel System-Electronic GmbH
	Postfach 210849 - 76158  Karlsruhe - Deutschland
	Telefon +49 721 95920 - Fax +49 721 9592100
	www.kniel.de
	-
	Geschaeftsfuehrer:
	Dipl. Ing. (FH) Helmut Kniel
	Dipl. Ing. (FH) Dieter Bretschneider
	Hannelore Gob
	USt-ID: DE 143 598 834
	registriert beim Amtsgericht Mannheim, HRB 101538


Gmane