Martin Kraus | 24 Apr 11:00 2012
Picon

what does cyrus support through ldap?

Hi. I hoped that cyrus would be managable through ldap but that doesn't
seem to be the case. Is the cyrus ldap support strictly for authentication?
It's just that sasl can do that as well.

I'd like to know if there are other options to managing mailboxes besides
calling perl scripts. I need to come up with some kind of a graphical
interface to manage mailboxes and I'm looking for the available options to
interface with cyrus.

thanks
Martin
----

Dmitry Banschikov | 24 Apr 11:09 2012
Picon

Re: what does cyrus support through ldap?

On 04/24/2012 01:00 PM, Martin Kraus wrote:
> Hi. I hoped that cyrus would be managable through ldap but that doesn't
> seem to be the case. Is the cyrus ldap support strictly for authentication?
> It's just that sasl can do that as well.
>
> I'd like to know if there are other options to managing mailboxes besides
> calling perl scripts. I need to come up with some kind of a graphical
> interface to manage mailboxes and I'm looking for the available options to
> interface with cyrus.

You can view at http://slapd-cyrus.sourceforge.net/.

Dmitry Banschikov

Attachment (smime.p7s): application/pkcs7-signature, 6659 bytes
----
Jules Agee | 24 Apr 21:42 2012

On 04/24/2012 02:00 AM, Martin Kraus wrote:
> Hi. I hoped that cyrus would be managable through ldap but that doesn't
> seem to be the case. Is the cyrus ldap support strictly for authentication?
> It's just that sasl can do that as well.
>
> I'd like to know if there are other options to managing mailboxes besides
> calling perl scripts. I need to come up with some kind of a graphical
> interface to manage mailboxes and I'm looking for the available options to
> interface with cyrus.
>
> thanks
> Martin

We used to have a locally developed perl CGI gui that managed Cyrus
accounts and kept them synchronized with the info in our OpenLDAP server
automatically, but we wanted to reduce the amount of locally developed
code we were maintaining.

Now we use Webmin to create and manage Cyrus mailboxes, quotas, and so
on. Saslauthd authenticates against LDAP (recently migrated to Active
Directory). Postfix uses the AD server to distribute mail to groups.
Users manage their sieve scripts via a Roundcube plugin.

We have to manually synchronize Cyrus mailboxes with AD accounts when we
create or delete users, but otherwise all the pieces fit together very well.

--
Jules Agee
System Administrator

Chris Conn | 24 Apr 23:12 2012

On 2012-04-24 15:42, Jules Agee wrote:
> On 04/24/2012 02:00 AM, Martin Kraus wrote:
>> Hi. I hoped that cyrus would be managable through ldap but that doesn't
>> seem to be the case. Is the cyrus ldap support strictly for authentication?
>> It's just that sasl can do that as well.
>>
>> I'd like to know if there are other options to managing mailboxes besides
>> calling perl scripts. I need to come up with some kind of a graphical
>> interface to manage mailboxes and I'm looking for the available options to
>> interface with cyrus.
>>
>> thanks
>> Martin

we use an apparently old cyradm library from a PHP script to add, delete
and modify LDAP configs for our mailboxes.  Its called php-cyradm

http://stocker.bz/cyrus-tools/php-cyradm-2.0.1.tar.bz2

We had to tweak a few things but its quite solid.  We stole the library
functions in cyradm-php.lib of this to call in our own system

Chris
----

Adam Tauno Williams | 25 Apr 11:40 2012

On Tue, 2012-04-24 at 11:00 +0200, Martin Kraus wrote:
> Hi. I hoped that cyrus would be managable through ldap but that doesn't
> seem to be the case. Is the cyrus ldap support strictly for authentication?
> It's just that sasl can do that as well.
> I'd like to know if there are other options to managing mailboxes besides
> calling perl scripts.

I agree that the perl scripts are a pain; but all they do is make IMAP
connections.  You can do just about anything via IMAP.  There are
bindings floating around in Python & PHP as well that 'wrap' those
operations.  Someone using one of these to expose an API via SOAP,
XML-RPC, etc... would be very handy.

>  I need to come up with some kind of a graphical
> interface to manage mailboxes and I'm looking for the available options to
> interface with cyrus.

There is "gyrus" and support for Cyrus in several of the web-admin type
utilities.

----
Marc Patermann | 25 Apr 13:57 2012
Picon

Re: what does cyrus support through ldap?

Martin,

Martin Kraus schrieb (24.04.2012 11:00 Uhr):

> Hi. I hoped that cyrus would be managable through ldap but that doesn't
> seem to be the case. Is the cyrus ldap support strictly for authentication?
> It's just that sasl can do that as well.
>
> I'd like to know if there are other options to managing mailboxes besides
> calling perl scripts. I need to come up with some kind of a graphical
> interface to manage mailboxes and I'm looking for the available options to
> interface with cyrus.
I never used GOsa, but the documentation says it's for managing LDAP and
has a plugin for managing cyrus IMAPd:

https://oss.gonicus.de/labs/gosa/wiki/PluginInstallationMailCyrus

Marc
----

Reinaldo de Carvalho | 25 Apr 14:16 2012
Picon

Re: what does cyrus support through ldap?

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 8:57 AM, Marc Patermann
<hans.moser <at> ofd-z.niedersachsen.de> wrote:
> I never used GOsa, but the documentation says it's for managing LDAP and
> has a plugin for managing cyrus IMAPd:
>
> https://oss.gonicus.de/labs/gosa/wiki/PluginInstallationMailCyrus

Korreio is zero-install server software (run from sysadmin desktop)
and work with LDAP and CYRUS.

See screenshots: http://sourceforge.net/projects/korreio/

Reinaldo de Carvalho
http://korreio.sf.net
http://python-cyrus.sf.net

"While not fully understand a software, don't try to adapt this
software to the way you work, but rather yourself to the way the
software works" (myself)
----