Udo Rader | 1 Feb 23:57 2006
Picon

Re: Can't send mail through new server

On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 22:51 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> I thought I had just about got the old server to the point of being
> switched off.  I have been reading from the dovecot server for a couple
> of days, and this evening I switched the 'sending' to the new server as
> well - but I couldn't get anything out.  I got:
>
> Error while uploading message
>
> Could not upload the message dated Wed Feb 1 21:2:56 2006 from Anne
> Wilson <cannewilson <at> tiscali.co.uk> with subject "xxx" on the server.
>
> The destination folder was sent-mail, which has the URL .
>
> The error message from the server communication is here:
>
> APPEND failed:  Can't open append mailbox : Read-only file system

at first glance I would say that you have a read-only file
system ... :-)

you are migrating from one server to the other ... can it then be that
you have somehow mounted your old stuff only readonly?

what does a plain

% mount

give for your new box?

regards
(Continue reading)

Anne Wilson | 2 Feb 09:50 2006

On Wednesday 01 Feb 2006 22:57, Udo Rader wrote:

> at first glance I would say that you have a read-only file
> system ... :-)
>
> you are migrating from one server to the other ... can it then be
> that you have somehow mounted your old stuff only readonly?
>
> what does a plain
>
> % mount
>
> give for your new box?
>
> regards

Thanks for the reply, Udo.  First, let me apologise for the multi-sends
- I thought they had all failed.

It's amazing what a sleep can do for the faculties.  I was attempting to
send to the new server, but it was trying to save to sent-mail on the
old server.  All fixed, now.

Sorry for the panic and wasted bandwidth.

Anne