Thomas Kahle | 2 May 11:38 2012
Picon

Re: Server responded: ('NO', ['[ALREADYEXISTS] Duplicate folder name?(Failure)'])

On 08:55 Wed 02 May 2012, Alex Søndergaard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I seem to have sorted this out, so no need for anyone to waste time
> > replying. Apologies for the noise.
>
> how did you sort out this issue?
>
> I've just upgraded from 6.5.3 to 6.5.3.1 and I'm encountering the same issue. It
> seems to be related to nametrans, but my configuration hasn't changed...

Triplecheck your nametrans rules (I mean: play around with the functions
in a python shell!).  It seems like some not entirely correct functions
where accepted before:

(from Changelog)

-) Fixed some cases where invalid nametrans rules were not caught and we
would not propagate local folders to the remote repository. (now tested
in test03)

Cheers,
Thomas

Thomas Kahle
http://dev.gentoo.org/~tomka/

Alexander Søndergaard | 2 May 13:08 2012
Picon

Re: Server responded: ('NO', ['[ALREADYEXISTS] Duplicate folder name?(Failure)'])

Ok, I now found the issue, my nametrans was fine but:

"every nametrans setting on a remote repository requires an equivalent
nametrans rule on the local repository that reverses the
transformation"

Thanks,

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 11:38 AM, Thomas Kahle <tomka <at> gentoo.org> wrote:
> On 08:55 Wed 02 May 2012, Alex Søndergaard wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> > I seem to have sorted this out, so no need for anyone to waste time
>> > replying. Apologies for the noise.
>>
>> how did you sort out this issue?
>>
>> I've just upgraded from 6.5.3 to 6.5.3.1 and I'm encountering the same issue. It
>> seems to be related to nametrans, but my configuration hasn't changed...
>
> Triplecheck your nametrans rules (I mean: play around with the functions
> in a python shell!).  It seems like some not entirely correct functions
> where accepted before:
>
> (from Changelog)
>
> -) Fixed some cases where invalid nametrans rules were not caught and we
> would not propagate local folders to the remote repository. (now tested
> in test03)

(Continue reading)

Thomas Kahle | 2 May 13:37 2012

On 13:08 Wed 02 May 2012, Alexander Søndergaard wrote:
> Ok, I now found the issue, my nametrans was fine but:
>
> "every nametrans setting on a remote repository requires an equivalent
> nametrans rule on the local repository that reverses the
> transformation"

Good!  But this was introduced long before the 6.5 series...