Nicolas Sebrecht | 23 Jul 22:11 2012
Picon

Call for official contributors (was OfflineIMAP organization created at Github)

  Hi all,

I've created a public github organization for OfflineIMAP at

  https://github.com/OfflineIMAP

in order to have a CORE TEAM of developers/maintainers.

The procedure to become a member is quiet simple:

1. Create a github account (if you don't have one, already).
2. Send me a mail by providing your github account name (pseudo).

Once added to the team, you will have read+write access to the
repository. Each will be able to directly contribute to the project
without the need of someone in between.

I'd rather to be honest. If we can't make such team, I'd have to
announce OfflineIMAP unmaintained.

I'm open to any comment or question.

Nicolas Sebrecht

Sriram Karra | 24 Jul 03:37 2012
Picon

Re: Call for official contributors (was OfflineIMAP organization created at Github)

Once added to the team, you will have read+write access to the
repository. Each will be able to directly contribute to the project
without the need of someone in between

I can't volunteer for this now. However, if and when we have a regression test suite that I can test my fixes against, I will feel more confident that my efforts are actually improving the state of offlineimap and I will volunteer.

-Karra

OfflineIMAP homepage: http://software.complete.org/offlineimap
Sebastian Spaeth | 4 Aug 17:49 2012
Picon

Re: Call for official contributors (was OfflineIMAP organization created at Github)

Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev <at> laposte.net> wrote:
>I'd rather to be honest. If we can't make such team, I'd have to
>announce OfflineIMAP unmaintained.

Don't do that. OfflineImap does not need huge amounts of patches or too frequent release. I am sure we can
manage collective maintainer ship. I have a backlog of a few thousand emails to catch up with, but I don't
want to see offlnrimap unmaintained.

I'll see that I point HTTP://offlineimap.org to the new repository asap.

Sebastian

Sent from my tablet. Please excuse my brevity.

OfflineIMAP homepage: http://software.complete.org/offlineimap

Nicolas Sebrecht | 4 Aug 23:08 2012

On Sat, Aug 04, 2012 at 11:49:44AM -0400, Sebastian Spaeth wrote:

> Don't do that. OfflineImap does not need huge amounts of patches or too frequent release. I am sure we can
manage collective maintainer ship. I have a backlog of a few thousand emails to catch up with, but I don't
want to see offlnrimap unmaintained.

Fine. We'll see if we get enough contributions in the coming months.

> I'll see that I point HTTP://offlineimap.org to the new repository asap.

Thanks!

Nicolas Sebrecht