Sebastian Spaeth | 14 Aug 15:09 2012
Picon

Canonical github repo by "OfflineIMAP" organization

I have now adapted http://offlineimap.org to point to

git://github.com/OfflineIMAP/offlineimap.git

as the canonical source of OfflineIMAP. My personal github account will
continue to use the OfflineIMAP repository as a playground and for
experimental stuff, but the only canonical and up to date repo is now
maintained by the OfflineIMAP organization, consisting of a team of
committers and admins. This should help alleviate the bottleneck problem
when someone becomes unavailable for some time (as had happened to me).

I am very optimistic that we'll be able to maintain OfflineIMAP in this
way in the future.

Let me know if you still find instances of things pointing towards my
personal repository.

Sebastian

OfflineIMAP homepage: http://software.complete.org/offlineimap
Nicolas Sebrecht | 20 Aug 14:56 2012
Picon

Re: Canonical github repo by "OfflineIMAP" organization

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 03:09:09PM +0200, Sebastian Spaeth wrote:
> I have now adapted http://offlineimap.org to point to
>
> git://github.com/OfflineIMAP/offlineimap.git
>
> as the canonical source of OfflineIMAP. My personal github account will
> continue to use the OfflineIMAP repository as a playground and for
> experimental stuff, but the only canonical and up to date repo is now
> maintained by the OfflineIMAP organization, consisting of a team of
> committers and admins.

Thank you much.

I've merged the patch to update documentation in the next branch.
I guess it will be fine to make the announce for the new repository at
next release.

Nicolas Sebrecht