Re: Fw: Trojita - what happened? Correction
2010-08-04 09:47:54 GMT
Well, not that a long list of bugs really, but number 4 is a real problem, #2 is a nuisance, the rest minor
# 4 Here is how I find the deletion to malunction:
First of all it doesn't really seem to delete a mail. Nothing happens. At least not most of the time, I thinnk I got a couple deleted yesterday though.
Maybe it marks the mail for deletion allright, but you cannot see that it has been marked. This also when you try to delete from the Inbox header list (1 sec press)
When I use the 'Mark for deletion' from within the message (dropdown menu) the app catapults me to the desktop (=Trojita chrashes/exits)
In previous version deleted items where shown in strikethrough, and it worked
#2 It is just unpractical that I can not distinguish between read and unread mail in the Inbox view
Benson Tsai ---03.08.2010 18:33:13---That long list of bugs show that its not quite ready for prime time. As per the desktop version, sending emails via trojita isn
Sent by: vrwarp <at> gmail.com
That long list of bugs show that its not quite ready for prime time. As per the desktop version, sending emails via trojita isn't terribly recommended XD.
On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 05:58, Markus Böök <Markus.Book <at> algol.fi> wrote:
Many thanks for the quick fix - v 0-2-2 installed this morning and Trojita now again working! The program is handling email much much better than the built in client of my phone!
I enclose some feedback, ie quick observations from my part as a Maemo (Nokia N900) user of Trojita, it may be either bugs, user errors or requests for some polishment & enhancements:
1. After install, Trojita would not connect to the mailserver directly, a reboot was necessary.
2. The field for password only shows *** -showing the input character for a second or so would be very practical.
3. All setup fields (username, email etc) auto-capitalize the first letter - exept the password (?) which was confusing (see above)
4. --BUG--? In this version, I cannot mark an email as deleted in any way, nor is there any visual difference if I mark an email as read. In the previous version this worked, deleted mails showed in strikethrough.
5. The keyboard shortcut for deleting a mail is 'Del'. Nokia however hasn't included that button on the phone...
6. --BUG--? Even when a email is read, the option reads "Mark as read" in the dropdown (when you press the header for a sec )
7. Font size is not scaleable (?), which is kind of difficult some times on the small screen of a phone. BTW, The N900 has a nice zoom-in option, I much wish it would work here too
8. An option to mark selected, chosen, emails for permanent offline use would be handy (but definately not a biggie)
9. --BUG--? I tried to send mail but had not adjusted any settings for 'send mail'. This caused a lock-up of sorts, the abort button didn't work at all, there was no way to exit the app. Reboot necessary. Unfortunately I don't know if our server is ' local send mail compatible' or what the executable should be, so I guess I'll stick with SMTP authentication for now
For me as a N900 user Trojita is fantastic. I realize that Trojita was not developed specifically for the N900, but I think Trojita would attract quite many users, as the built-in client of the N900 is so poor. Anyhow, Trojita has a very low profile at the Maemo.org, actually I can only find one reference to it, buried deep in a long thread. Please consider making a separate post announcing the availability of an alternative IMAP email client over at maemo.org.
Keep up the good work! If I can assist in any way by providing feedback etc I'm more than happy to do so.
Benson Tsai ---02.08.2010 20:34:52---Oops, I might have broken the package somewhere along the way. I've
Oops, I might have broken the package somewhere along the way. I've
been testing it mainly on my desktop and I uploaded something onto
devel-extras to make sure that I at least got the compiling part of it
right ^^. I'll go and double check the packages later today and push
another update through.
On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 02:05, Jan Kundrát <jkt <at> flaska.net> wrote:
> Markus Böök wrote:
>> After a few reboots I was able to uninstall Trojita, got a message that
>> uninstalling was successful, and it appears in the repo list again.
>> The problem now is I cannot (re-)install it , I get a error message that
>> the installation was NOT successful. The app shows anyhow on the list of
>> installed applications but there is no shortcut to it.
> Hi Markus, thanks for reporting that. I haven't done the Maemo packaging
> myself, it was done by Benson Tsai (who is also on this mailing list and
> I'm sure will reply to you). I suspect we'll need more information,
> though (like the exact error message from the package manager or the
> installation command you use).
> Benson, please note that Markus is not on this list, so please remember
> to Cc him on your reply.
> cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth