Paul Malherbe | 29 Dec 07:51 2010
Picon

Process did not exit cleanly.

Hello

I am continually getting the following messages in my messages file:

Dec 29 02:44:20 server MailScanner: Process did not exit cleanly, returned 1 with signal 0
Dec 29 02:44:35 server last message repeated 3 times
Dec 29 02:44:40 server MailScanner: Process did not exit cleanly, returned 0 with signal 13

How can I find out what is causing them?

I have the following versions running on a vmware virtual server:

Linux server 2.6.35-gentoo-r12 #1 Thu Dec 2 09:26:26 SAST 2010 i686
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8400  <at>  2.66GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
Perl version 5.012002 (5.12.2)
MailScanner version 4.79.11
SpamAssassin version 3.3.1
Postfix version 2.7.1
Clamav version 0.96.5

--

Regards

_*Paul Malherbe*_

+27 (0) 21 6711866
+27 (0) 82 9005260

Hugo van der Kooij | 29 Dec 11:58 2010

Re: Process did not exit cleanly.

 On Wed, 29 Dec 2010 08:51:46 +0200, Paul Malherbe <paul <at> tartan.co.za>
 wrote:

> I am continually getting the following messages in my messages file:
>
> Dec 29 02:44:20 server MailScanner: Process did not exit cleanly,
> returned 1 with signal 0
> Dec 29 02:44:35 server last message repeated 3 times
> Dec 29 02:44:40 server MailScanner: Process did not exit cleanly,
> returned 0 with signal 13
>
> How can I find out what is causing them?

 Run in debug mode following the instructions provided on this
 mailinglist multiple times.

 Signal 13 indicates a broken pipe as far as I can tell.

 Hugo.

--
 hvdkooij <at> vanderkooij.org   http://hugo.vanderkooij.org/

Noel Butler | 29 Dec 23:43 2010