mlgtode | 27 Mar 12:17 2012

Boom language changes after switch off

Hi,
I just bought a (used) boom. It came configured with italian language.
Now I have changed the language to english but after switching off and
on again the boom, it keeps returning to italian.

When I switch off the boom I even switch off my wireless router.

Is there any way to prevent boom from changing back to italian at every
switch off?

Thanks!!!

mlgtode
mlgtode's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=55163
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=94309
Soulkeeper | 27 Mar 17:14 2012

Re: Boom language changes after switch off

Are you using mysqueezebox.com or LMS/SBS (local server)?

Soulkeeper

Noise < Music < Silence
Soulkeeper's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=35297
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=94309
Mnyb | 27 Mar 17:59 2012

Re: Boom language changes after switch off

Did the previus owner remove it from his mysqueezebox.com account ,
maybe not it may be set to Italian there.

When it's properly removed from previus owners account, factory reset
and connect it to your own account ( you will be prompt how to )

Mnyb

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(in storage SB3, reciever ,controller )

View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=94309
mlgtode | 28 Mar 13:42 2012
Picon

Re: Boom language changes after switch off

No, he didn't: is the language stored there?

Do you think it is better I ask the previous owner to remove it or
should I ask the squeezebox support to do it? Or there is no difference?

Does the boom need to be switched on and connected to the net when it is
removed from the previous account or might it be switched off?

Thanks

On 27/03/2012 17:59, Mnyb wrote:

> Did the previus owner remove it from his mysqueezebox.com account ,
> maybe not it may be set to Italian there.
>
> When it's properly removed from previus owners account, factory reset
> and connect it to your own account ( you will be prompt how to )

Mnyb | 28 Mar 14:34 2012

mlgtode;698049 Wrote:
> No, he didn't: is the language stored there?
>
> Do you think it is better I ask the previous owner to remove it or
> should I ask the squeezebox support to do it? Or there is no
> difference?
>
> Does the boom need to be switched on and connected to the net when it
> is
> removed from the previous account or might it be switched off?
>
> Thanks
>
> On 27/03/2012 17:59, Mnyb wrote:
> >
> > Did the previus owner remove it from his mysqueezebox.com account ,
> > maybe not it may be set to Italian there.
> >
> > When it's properly removed from previus owners account, factory
> reset
> > and connect it to your own account ( you will be prompt how to )

Logitech support can do it if you give them The MAC adress of the BOOM
it's on the sticker at the bottom .
And do check the fw settings as Michale  pointed out.

mlgtode | 28 Mar 13:41 2012
Picon

Re: Boom language changes after switch off

I'm using mysqueezebox.com at the moment.

Bye

On 27/03/2012 17:14, Soulkeeper wrote:

> Are you using mysqueezebox.com or LMS/SBS (local server)?

Michael Herger | 28 Mar 13:53 2012
Picon

Re: Boom language changes after switch off

Make sure the language setting in your Boom's firmware is the same you
want to have. Press & hold LEFT to get into firmware mode.

Michael

Gmane