maggior | 20 Apr 04:30 2012

Logos split on new compilation release

It's been ages since I've posted here.  Glad to see the community still active.  I'm surprised there is still
discussion and interest in the Tree project.  Wow.

Anyway...today I received the latest Virgin compilation of TD from '77-'83.  I had all of this material, but
it was cheap and I got it for completeness.  One thing that surprised me was that they split Logos into 2
parts.  As I recall, it was a big deal that they had it as one continuous track on the 1995 (1994?) remaster.

It was split during a transition/bridge section, but still it detreacts from the flow.

At least I have the release where it is one continuous track to fall back on.

Now if only my Edgar Froese set would get here.  I'm curious to hear how the remastering was done.  Many I'm sure
will be happy to be able to get Epsilon in Malasian Pale without having to mortgage their house :-).

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

(Continue reading)

Armin | 20 Apr 11:08 2012
Picon

Re: Logos split on new compilation release

...maybe it is split to get the real original vinyl feel of it - all you have to do is to get up, walk to your
CD-player and pretend to flip sides.
:-)

-armin

--- In tadream <at> yahoogroups.com, "maggior" <maggior <at> ...> wrote:

> It's been ages since I've posted here.  Glad to see the community still active.  I'm surprised there is still
discussion and interest in the Tree project.  Wow.

> Anyway...today I received the latest Virgin compilation of TD from '77-'83.  I had all of this material,
but it was cheap and I got it for completeness.  One thing that surprised me was that they split Logos into 2
parts.  As I recall, it was a big deal that they had it as one continuous track on the 1995 (1994?) remaster.

> It was split during a transition/bridge section, but still it detreacts from the flow.
>
> At least I have the release where it is one continuous track to fall back on.
>
> Now if only my Edgar Froese set would get here.  I'm curious to hear how the remastering was done.  Many I'm
sure will be happy to be able to get Epsilon in Malasian Pale without having to mortgage their house :-).

Derek Wilson | 20 Apr 11:14 2012
Picon

RE: Re: Logos split on new compilation release

If you want to be really authentic, try getting someone to fry some bacon in the next room while it's playing too.

To: tadream <at> yahoogroups.com
From: ath <at> star.arm.ac.uk
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 09:08:56 +0000
Subject: [tadream] Re: Logos split on new compilation release

...maybe it is split to get the real original vinyl feel of it - all you have to do is to get up, walk to your
CD-player and pretend to flip sides.

:-)

-armin

--- In tadream <at> yahoogroups.com, "maggior" <maggior <at> ...> wrote:

> It's been ages since I've posted here.  Glad to see the community still active.  I'm surprised there is still
discussion and interest in the Tree project.  Wow.

> Anyway...today I received the latest Virgin compilation of TD from '77-'83.  I had all of this material,
but it was cheap and I got it for completeness.  One thing that surprised me was that they split Logos into 2
parts.  As I recall, it was a big deal that they had it as one continuous track on the 1995 (1994?) remaster.

(Continue reading)

Cliff Proctor | 20 Apr 15:13 2012

Re: Logos split on new compilation release

There are a couple of errors (you may be aware of them already)

If you didn’t know..

On disc 2, track 2 is listed as Epsilon in Malaysian Pale (Alternate version from Solo 1974-1979) but my CD
plays Tropic Of Capricorn (the first 4 minutes of it anyway)
On disc 3, track 8 is listed as Tropic Of Capricorn (Alternate version from Solo 1974-1979) and my CD plays
IF810 from Macula Transfer

It's been ages since I've posted here. Glad to see the community still active. I'm surprised there is still
discussion and interest in the Tree project. Wow.

Anyway...today I received the latest Virgin compilation of TD from '77-'83. I had all of this material, but
it was cheap and I got it for completeness. One thing that surprised me was that they split Logos into 2
parts. As I recall, it was a big deal that they had it as one continuous track on the 1995 (1994?) remaster.

It was split during a transition/bridge section, but still it detreacts from the flow.

At least I have the release where it is one continuous track to fall back on.

Now if only my Edgar Froese set would get here. I'm curious to hear how the remastering was done. Many I'm sure
will be happy to be able to get Epsilon in Malasian Pale without having to mortgage their house :-).

Steve | 20 Apr 15:37 2012

Maggior said:

> On disc 2, track 2 is listed as Epsilon in Malaysian Pale (Alternate
> version from Solo 1974-1979) but my CD plays Tropic Of Capricorn (the
> first 4 minutes of it anyway) On disc 3, track 8 is listed as Tropic Of
> Capricorn (Alternate version from Solo 1974-1979) and my CD plays IF810
> from Macula Transfer

I didn't notice because my tendency with box collections (as opposed to box sets) is to fling it on the iPod
and let it turn up when it feels like it. Having sought out the two tracks on hard drive, you're definitely right.

On the first TD box set (which I basically bought because Logos as one track would be a selling point), can
anyone tell me the purpose of the Rubycon (Edit) and Madrigal Meridian (Edit) tracks 9 (both about ten
minutes long), apart from filling up space: My first thought was that Rubycon (Edit) would finally
correct the Tangents error where the same Rubycon excerpt appeared twice under two different titles. I
can't think of an excuse or compilation for Madrigal Meridian (Edit).

Steve

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional
(Continue reading)

maggior | 20 Apr 18:09 2012

--- In tadream <at> yahoogroups.com, "Cliff Proctor" <cliff.proctor <at> ...> wrote:

> There are a couple of errors (you may be aware of them already)
>
> If you didn’t know..
>
> On disc 2, track 2 is listed as Epsilon in Malaysian Pale (Alternate version from Solo 1974-1979) but my CD
plays Tropic Of Capricorn (the first 4 minutes of it anyway)
> On disc 3, track 8 is listed as Tropic Of Capricorn (Alternate version from Solo 1974-1979) and my CD plays
IF810 from Macula Transfer

I seem to remember reading this someplace.  Wow.  What would a TD Virgin release be without some errors :-).  At
least it sounds like they just messed up bonus material and not the core album tracks.

How is the mastering...is there any noticible improvement from previous releases?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Continue reading)

Cliff Proctor | 20 Apr 18:42 2012

Re: Re: Logos split on new compilation release

Sound quality is excellent.  Well worth the money, even if you have all the albums already.
Even more of a bargain if you have just one of the original CDs missing from your collection.

--- In mailto:tadream%40yahoogroups.com, "Cliff Proctor" <cliff.proctor <at> ...> wrote:

> There are a couple of errors (you may be aware of them already)
>
> If you didn’t know..
>
> On disc 2, track 2 is listed as Epsilon in Malaysian Pale (Alternate version from Solo 1974-1979) but my CD
plays Tropic Of Capricorn (the first 4 minutes of it anyway)
> On disc 3, track 8 is listed as Tropic Of Capricorn (Alternate version from Solo 1974-1979) and my CD plays
IF810 from Macula Transfer

I seem to remember reading this someplace. Wow. What would a TD Virgin release be without some errors :-). At
least it sounds like they just messed up bonus material and not the core album tracks.

How is the mastering...is there any noticible improvement from previous releases?

------------------------------------

-----------------------
http://www.tadream.net
(Continue reading)

Derek Gatley | 20 Apr 18:46 2012

Re: Re: Logos split on new compilation release

Agree with Cliff. The sound is awesome. For the price it is well worth
getting.

On 20 April 2012 17:42, Cliff Proctor <cliff.proctor <at> sky.com> wrote:

> **
>

> Sound quality is excellent. Well worth the money, even if you have all the
> albums already.
> Even more of a bargain if you have just one of the original CDs missing
> from your collection.

earyck | 20 Apr 20:29 2012
Picon

Re: Re: Logos split on new compilation release

are you all talking about these cds
http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/the_virgin_years_1974_1978.htm  ?

--- In mailto:tadream%40yahoogroups.com, "Cliff Proctor" <cliff.proctor <at> ...> wrote:

> There are a couple of errors (you may be aware of them already)
>
> If you didnât know..
>
> On disc 2, track 2 is listed as Epsilon in Malaysian Pale (Alternate version from Solo 1974-1979) but my CD
plays Tropic Of Capricorn (the first 4 minutes of it anyway)
> On disc 3, track 8 is listed as Tropic Of Capricorn (Alternate version from Solo 1974-1979) and my CD plays
IF810 from Macula Transfer

I seem to remember reading this someplace. Wow. What would a TD Virgin release be without some errors :-). At
least it sounds like they just messed up bonus material and not the core album tracks.

How is the mastering...is there any noticible improvement from previous releases?

Derek Gatley | 20 Apr 20:32 2012

Re: Re: Logos split on new compilation release

No! The Edgar Froese Solo set

On 20 April 2012 19:29, earyck <earyck790 <at> yahoo.com> wrote:

> **
>

> are you all talking about these cds
> http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/the_virgin_years_1974_1978.htm  ?
>

> --- In mailto:tadream%40yahoogroups.com, "Cliff Proctor" <cliff.proctor <at> ...>
> wrote:
> >
> > There are a couple of errors (you may be aware of them already)
> >
> > If you didnât know..
> >
> > On disc 2, track 2 is listed as Epsilon in Malaysian Pale (Alternate
> version from Solo 1974-1979) but my CD plays Tropic Of Capricorn (the first
> 4 minutes of it anyway)
> > On disc 3, track 8 is listed as Tropic Of Capricorn (Alternate version
> from Solo 1974-1979) and my CD plays IF810 from Macula Transfer
>
> I seem to remember reading this someplace. Wow. What would a TD Virgin
> release be without some errors :-). At least it sounds like they just
> messed up bonus material and not the core album tracks.

(Continue reading)

earyck | 21 Apr 18:25 2012
Picon

Re: Re: Logos split on new compilation release

oh
ok
thanks
I dont even have it.;) lol  ha

On 20 April 2012 19:29, earyck <earyck790 <at> yahoo.com> wrote:

> **
>

> are you all talking about these cds
> http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/the_virgin_years_1974_1978.htm  ?
>

> --- In mailto:tadream%40yahoogroups.com, "Cliff Proctor" <cliff.proctor <at> ...>
> wrote:
> >
> > There are a couple of errors (you may be aware of them already)
> >
> > If you didnât know..
(Continue reading)

maggior | 20 Apr 20:38 2012

--- In tadream <at> yahoogroups.com, earyck <earyck790 <at> ...> wrote:

> are you all talking about these cds
http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/the_virgin_years_1974_1978.htm  ?

> --- In mailto:tadream%40yahoogroups.com, "Cliff Proctor" <cliff.proctor <at> > wrote:
> >
> > There are a couple of errors (you may be aware of them already)
> >
> > If you didnât know..
> >
> > On disc 2, track 2 is listed as Epsilon in Malaysian Pale (Alternate version from Solo 1974-1979) but my CD
plays Tropic Of Capricorn (the first 4 minutes of it anyway)
> > On disc 3, track 8 is listed as Tropic Of Capricorn (Alternate version from Solo 1974-1979) and my CD plays
IF810 from Macula Transfer

> I seem to remember reading this someplace. Wow. What would a TD Virgin release be without some errors :-).
At least it sounds like they just messed up bonus material and not the core album tracks.

> How is the mastering...is there any noticible improvement from previous releases?

Sorry, the discussion drifted to the recent Froese compilation.

------------------------------------

-----------------------
(Continue reading)

Adele Outland | 20 Apr 22:01 2012
Picon

Search Voices in the Net

This has bothered me for some time and I've felt stupid about it since you guys seem to find things on Voices so
easily. How do you do a search there; for example, Izu (which I was trying to find out about)? I don't know
anything about it so I can't choose any particular category and was hoping there was a place just to do a
general search by name. It's a terrific web site, don't get me wrong; I just wish I knew more about how to use
it. Thanks. 8-Dell

As time slips into memory, memory fades into dreams.

To: tadream <at> yahoogroups.com
From: earyck790 <at> yahoo.com
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 11:29:22 -0700

are you all talking about these cds
http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/the_virgin_years_1974_1978.htm  ?

--- In mailto:tadream%40yahoogroups.com, "Cliff Proctor" <cliff.proctor <at> ...> wrote:

> There are a couple of errors (you may be aware of them already)
>
> If you didnât know..
>
> On disc 2, track 2 is listed as Epsilon in Malaysian Pale (Alternate version from Solo 1974-1979) but my CD
plays Tropic Of Capricorn (the first 4 minutes of it anyway)
> On disc 3, track 8 is listed as Tropic Of Capricorn (Alternate version from Solo 1974-1979) and my CD plays
IF810 from Macula Transfer
(Continue reading)

Cliff Proctor | 20 Apr 22:36 2012

Re: Search Voices in the Net

Hi Dell

For albums go here:  http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/voicesr1.htm then either use “find” in your
web browser to get the album title or just scroll down to the year of release.

For track titles go here: http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/voicesco.htm  all songs are listed in A-Z
(you can go to a specific starting letter by using the links at the top of the page.

All tracks are linked to the various albums/compilations that they’re from.

Wonderful web-site !

From: earyck790 <at> yahoo.com
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 11:29:22 -0700
(Continue reading)

Adele Outland | 21 Apr 01:58 2012
Picon

RE: Search Voices in the Net

Oh, for heaven's sake, it's that simple. I just knew it would be. No wonder I never heard of Izu since it's a
Japanese release. Many thanks for the instructions. This is absolutely a wonderful web site, you bet. 8-Dell

As time slips into memory, memory fades into dreams.

To: tadream <at> yahoogroups.com