dugaldfromoz | 4 Jan 00:11 2012

From: David Hope <david <at> nyon.com.au>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 13:49:50
To: Dugald Sinclair<dugaldfromoz <at> iinet.net.au>
Subject: TVZ songs

http://www.chordie.com/song.php/songartist/Townes+Van+Zandt/index.html

------------------------------------
(Continue reading)

wrecks | 4 Jan 00:58 2012
Picon

Re: Re: TVZ songs

That happens to be the last song of the Wake done my my good friend Rene
Gayo, the baseball scout,
he nails it.   wrecks

dugaldfromoz <at> iinet.net.au wrote:

>Ok, I imagine this might not pass musical muster with the purists,but I have yet to see a more comprehensive
attempt to do Townes justice.                                                                                                                                  I'm especially pleased to see Qicksilver Daydreams get a guernsey.....too
often overlooked imo,and should be played and sung more often.  .....I can confirm the chords are
difficult for an old rheumatic Dingo, but the lyrics...................the first verse is surely what
every women wants said of them in their prime, then later:......."hands slowly sifting the sunshine "
........would probably be a compliment that completely transcends age......'fuckin genius' indeed eh
Phil?.....dunno about Rumanian flea catchers,but there is a footballer out here who can do that.(Phil
from England will understand this aside and associated Jackie Leven reference).                                                                                                                          While I ramble,waiting
for the Test Cricket to start up (day 2 of 5),I should mention the nice fresh perspective on Townes that Mary
passed on earlier. At last a revisit to old news with new reflections attached.   ....   Thanks for that
Mary.....if we still arnt allowed a Pseudobiographer at least we have an equally loving and very diligent
biographer                  Happy new year to y'all....       Dingo

>Sent via BlackBerry® from Telstra

(Continue reading)

dugaldfromoz | 4 Jan 01:16 2012

Re: Re: TVZ songs

Ask him for an encore next year. I'm putting a plan in place. Dingo