Keith Rarick | 15 Mar 10:12 2012
Picon

Re: Beanstalkd 1.5 .deb package

On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 4:05 PM, Serafeim Zanikolas <serzan@...> wrote:
> one of the tests fails

That test (pause-tube) has a race that causes it to fail
sometimes, and I neglected to fix it before the release.

The output you posted is consistent with correct beanstalkd
behavior.

kr

Serafeim Zanikolas | 18 Mar 22:20 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 02:12:49AM -0700, Keith Rarick wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 4:05 PM, Serafeim Zanikolas <serzan@...> wrote:
> > one of the tests fails
>
> That test (pause-tube) has a race that causes it to fail
> sometimes, and I neglected to fix it before the release.
>
> The output you posted is consistent with correct beanstalkd
> behavior.

FYI uploaded to debian unstable, with the test disabled.

Serafeim Zanikolas | 1 Apr 19:13 2012

<serzan@...> wrote:
> > > one of the tests fails
> >
> > That test (pause-tube) has a race that causes it to fail
> > sometimes, and I neglected to fix it before the release.
> >
> > The output you posted is consistent with correct beanstalkd
> > behavior.
>
> FYI uploaded to debian unstable, with the test disabled.

more test failures (on amd64 & kfreebsd-i386 respectively):

On line 47 sh-tests/binlog-sizelimit.sh
  first binlog wrong size
  FAIL: sh-tests/binlog-sizelimit.sh

On line 80 sh-tests/binlog-diskfull-delete.sh
  Second binlog file is missing
  FAIL: sh-tests/binlog-diskfull-delete.sh

these are tests that were previously (prior to 1.5) passing on all
Debian-supported arches.

https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=beanstalkd

sez
(Continue reading)

Keith Rarick | 2 Apr 00:20 2012

On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 10:13 AM, Serafeim Zanikolas <serzan@...> wrote:
> more test failures (on amd64 & kfreebsd-i386 respectively):

Thanks!

https://github.com/kr/beanstalkd/issues/108

Serafeim Zanikolas | 6 Apr 14:45 2012

<serzan@...> wrote:
> > more test failures (on amd64 & kfreebsd-i386 respectively):
>
> Thanks!
>
> https://github.com/kr/beanstalkd/issues/108

FWIW failing tests that previously ran fine are release-critical in Debian

Keith Rarick | 15 Apr 00:47 2012
Picon

Re: Beanstalkd 1.5 .deb package

Thanks. The logs from buildd.debian.org exposed some race
conditions in the tests. I think I've fixed them and I'd
like to release version 1.6. Is there a way to test code
on buildd.debian.org before making a release?

kr

Serafeim Zanikolas | 15 Apr 01:34 2012

On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 03:47:12PM -0700, Keith Rarick wrote:
> Thanks. The logs from buildd.debian.org exposed some race
> conditions in the tests. I think I've fixed them and I'd
> like to release version 1.6. Is there a way to test code
> on buildd.debian.org before making a release?

thank you too. I could test individually on the problematic arches (I suppose
you did already), but I think the most efficient way would be to make a new
release, so that it gets tested on all Debian-supported arches automatically.

sez

--
Every great idea is worthless without someone to do the work. --Neil Williams