David H. Lipman | 15 Jan 01:25 2009
X-Face

Multi-part yEnc - Part II

Posted 12/21/05
"Is there a way to recombine a multi-part yEnc post?  Whenever there is a
post in yEnc, if it is say a picture that is 1/1 then it comes through fine;
however, if it is a picture broken into parts such as 1/2 and 2/2, if you
combine an decode, all you get are two separate files and no way to combine
them.  Any ideas?"

Problem STILL exists in...
FL-Build: Fidolook 2007 (HV) 6.0.6000.97 - 24/12/2008 20:32:05

Dave

George Hazan | 16 Jan 21:51 2009
X-Face
Picon

Re: Multi-part yEnc - Part II

   Приветствую, David!
   Вы писали Wed, 14 Jan 2009 19:25:43 -0500  к All:

DHL> Problem STILL exists in...
DHL> FL-Build: Fidolook 2007 (HV) 6.0.6000.97 - 24/12/2008 20:32:05

Would you please email me a sample to test?
george dot hazan at gmail dot com

WMBR, George Hazan
FidoLook HL co-author.

David H. Lipman | 18 Jan 01:21 2009
X-Face

Re: Multi-part yEnc - Part II

From: "George Hazan" <george.hazan@...>

|    ðÒÉ×ÅÔÓÔ×ÕÀ, David!
|    ÷Ù ÐÉÓÁÌÉ Wed, 14 Jan 2009 19:25:43 -0500  Ë All:

DHL>> Problem STILL exists in...
DHL>> FL-Build: Fidolook 2007 (HV) 6.0.6000.97 - 24/12/2008 20:32:05

| Would you please email me a sample to test?
| george dot hazan at gmail dot com

| --
| WMBR, George Hazan
| FidoLook HL co-author.

I don't understand how to do that.

If you can give me an idea how I can download and package (Gmail doesn't like ZIP files) a
failed combined Mult-Part yEnc posted file, I will.

I would also suggest you going to one of the many alt.binaries.* groups and try yourself.

I have to use Luu Tran's XNews to obtain the malware samples from Usenet instead of OE
with Fidolook which I would prefer to do.

BTW:  Thank you for your attention to this matter.  I appreciate it!

Dave
(Continue reading)

George Hazan | 18 Jan 10:20 2009
X-Face
Picon

Re: Multi-part yEnc - Part II

   Hello, David!
   Sat, 17 Jan 2009 19:21:07 -0500 you wrote:

|> Would you please email me a sample to test?
|> george dot hazan at gmail dot com
DHL> I don't understand how to do that.

Forward those messages as attachment, + press Ctrl+F3 on the combined
message, save it as file and attach too.

DHL> I would also suggest you going to one of the many alt.binaries.* groups
DHL> and try yourself.

Can you give me a concrete group name & timestamp/sender/subject of the
sample files?

WMBR, George Hazan (ghazan@...)

David H. Lipman | 18 Jan 13:17 2009
X-Face

Re: Multi-part yEnc - Part II

From: "George Hazan" <george.hazan@...>

|    Hello, David!
|    Sat, 17 Jan 2009 19:21:07 -0500 you wrote:

||> Would you please email me a sample to test?
||> george dot hazan at gmail dot com
DHL>> I don't understand how to do that.

| Forward those messages as attachment, + press Ctrl+F3 on the combined
| message, save it as file and attach too.

DHL>> I would also suggest you going to one of the many alt.binaries.* groups
DHL>> and try yourself.

| Can you give me a concrete group name & timestamp/sender/subject of the
| sample files?

| --
| WMBR, George Hazan (ghazan@...)

Email sent.