bqz69 | 19 Aug 23:28 2008
Picon

how to install freemail

Anybody know how to install freemail - I have downloaded Freemail-0.1-11.jar 
but get no *.jar file.

Instead I get a zip file, and when I decompress it, I get no *.jar file, but 4 
directories without any *.jar file?

I am not a programmer, so please do not answer too short - thanks?
_______________________________________________
Support mailing list
Support@...
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.network.freenet.support
Unsubscribe at http://emu.freenetproject.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/support
Or mailto:support-request@...?subject=unsubscribe

Volodya | 20 Aug 13:15 2008

Re: how to install freemail

bqz69 wrote:
> Anybody know how to install freemail - I have downloaded Freemail-0.1-11.jar 
> but get no *.jar file.
> 
> Instead I get a zip file, and when I decompress it, I get no *.jar file, but 4 
> directories without any *.jar file?
> 
> I am not a programmer, so please do not answer too short - thanks?

q;-)

When people say '*.jar file' what they mean is a file with any name which ends 
with '.jar', so Freemain-0.1-11.jar is a *.jar file. You shouldn't decompress 
it, but keep it as it is.

A better way of installing Freemail is to go to http://localhost:8888/plugins/ 
and select 'Freemail' from the 'Load Official plugin:' drop-down menu there. 
Note: If somebody is monitoring your connection they will know that you have 
gotten Freemail, as the download happens from the normal web. They will *not* 
know what you do with the Freemail after you downloaded it, though.

Once it downloads you should see 'Visit' button next to Freemail plugin, you 
need to click it and follow the instructions.

For more help about Freemail and other Freenet applications you might want to 
visit

http://localhost:8888/freenet:USK <at> ugb~uuscsidMI-Ze8laZe~o3BUIb3S50i25RIwDH99M,9T20t3xoG-dQfMO94LGOl9AxRTkaz~TykFY-voqaTQI,AQACAAE/FAFS/23/ 
(not maintained by me).

(Continue reading)

bqz69 | 21 Aug 07:11 2008
Picon

Re: how to install freemail

Thanks! :-)
On Wednesday 20 August 2008 13.15.39 Volodya wrote:
> bqz69 wrote:
> > Anybody know how to install freemail - I have downloaded
> > Freemail-0.1-11.jar but get no *.jar file.
> >
> > Instead I get a zip file, and when I decompress it, I get no *.jar file,
> > but 4 directories without any *.jar file?
> >
> > I am not a programmer, so please do not answer too short - thanks?
>
> q;-)
>
> When people say '*.jar file' what they mean is a file with any name which
> ends with '.jar', so Freemain-0.1-11.jar is a *.jar file. You shouldn't
> decompress it, but keep it as it is.
>
> A better way of installing Freemail is to go to
> http://localhost:8888/plugins/ and select 'Freemail' from the 'Load
> Official plugin:' drop-down menu there. Note: If somebody is monitoring
> your connection they will know that you have gotten Freemail, as the
> download happens from the normal web. They will *not* know what you do with
> the Freemail after you downloaded it, though.
This did not work.

Instead I inserted in "Add an Unofficial Plugin":
"/home/user1/downloads/freenet/freemail_/MfeZlMXJZja-FfLA6Yyqf~e8HdH5r3-WsxGtUxUOdyE" - 
and then I clicked the "Load" button - and that worked.

>
(Continue reading)

Volodya | 21 Aug 12:14 2008

Re: how to install freemail

> I then went to the "visit" page, but I did not insert anything in the "Domain" 
> line as I do not know what to insert?

Anything you want. For example if you want for your mail to be 
User@... put 'TheCoolDomain' there.

>> For more help about Freemail and other Freenet applications you might want
>> to visit
>> http://localhost:8888/freenet:USK <at> ugb~uuscsidMI-Ze8laZe~o3BUIb3S50i25RIwDH9
>> 9M,9T20t3xoG-dQfMO94LGOl9AxRTkaz~TykFY-voqaTQI,AQACAAE/FAFS/23/ (not
>> maintained by me).
> Did not work, but I have the Freemail site already from 
> the "http://127.0.0.1:8888/" page.

Strange. 'localhost' should be the same thing as '127.0.0.1'.

--

-- 
http://freedom.libsyn.com/       Echo of Freedom, Radical Podcast
http://eng.anarchopedia.org/     Anarchopedia, A Free Knowledge Portal
http://freenetproject.org/       The Free Network project

  "None of us are free until all of us are free."    ~ Mihail Bakunin
_______________________________________________
Support mailing list
Support@...
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.network.freenet.support
Unsubscribe at http://emu.freenetproject.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/support
Or mailto:support-request@...?subject=unsubscribe

(Continue reading)

bqz69 | 21 Aug 15:30 2008
Picon

Re: how to install freemail

On Thursday 21 August 2008 12.14.46 Volodya wrote:
> > I then went to the "visit" page, but I did not insert anything in the
> > "Domain" line as I do not know what to insert?
>
> Anything you want. For example if you want for your mail to be
> User@... put 'TheCoolDomain' there.
>
> >> For more help about Freemail and other Freenet applications you might
> >> want to visit
> >> http://localhost:8888/freenet:USK <at> ugb~uuscsidMI-Ze8laZe~o3BUIb3S50i25RIw
> >>DH9 9M,9T20t3xoG-dQfMO94LGOl9AxRTkaz~TykFY-voqaTQI,AQACAAE/FAFS/23/ (not
> >> maintained by me).
> >
> > Did not work, but I have the Freemail site already from
> > the "http://127.0.0.1:8888/" page.
>
> Strange. 'localhost' should be the same thing as '127.0.0.1'.

I just changed "localhost" to "127.0.0.1" to try to solve my problem - have 
now changed back to "localhost".

I have now gotten my short email address ending on .freemail, so that looks 
good.

But when I try to "Get Mail" I get an Alert "Failed to connect to server 
localhost".
When i try to send I also get the Alert "Failed to connect to server 
localhost".

My 3 ports settings are:
(Continue reading)

bqz69 | 21 Aug 15:56 2008
Picon

Re: how to install freemail

On Thursday 21 August 2008 15.30.44 bqz69 wrote:
> On Thursday 21 August 2008 12.14.46 Volodya wrote:
> > > I then went to the "visit" page, but I did not insert anything in the
> > > "Domain" line as I do not know what to insert?
> >
> > Anything you want. For example if you want for your mail to be
> > User@... put 'TheCoolDomain' there.
> >
> > >> For more help about Freemail and other Freenet applications you might
> > >> want to visit
> > >> http://localhost:8888/freenet:USK <at> ugb~uuscsidMI-Ze8laZe~o3BUIb3S50i25R
> > >>Iw DH9 9M,9T20t3xoG-dQfMO94LGOl9AxRTkaz~TykFY-voqaTQI,AQACAAE/FAFS/23/
> > >> (not maintained by me).
> > >
> > > Did not work, but I have the Freemail site already from
> > > the "http://127.0.0.1:8888/" page.
> >
> > Strange. 'localhost' should be the same thing as '127.0.0.1'.
>
> I just changed "localhost" to "127.0.0.1" to try to solve my problem - have
> now changed back to "localhost".
>
> I have now gotten my short email address ending on .freemail, so that looks
> good.
>
> But when I try to "Get Mail" I get an Alert "Failed to connect to server
> localhost".
> When i try to send I also get the Alert "Failed to connect to server
> localhost".
>
(Continue reading)


Gmane