Yorjing Tsai | 6 Oct 11:04 2012
Picon

How could I create a file called SAM in "SAM" format?

Hi everybody:
       I see https://github.com/FreeRDP/FreeRDP/issues/715 these days.
       And I've built xfreerdp-server soon.

       But when I active xfreerdp-server in Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit,
       I access Ubuntu by Win7 RDP Client,
       the message shows in Ubuntu's console as follows:

       Listening on 0.0.0.0 port 3389.
       bind: Address already in use
       We've got a client XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX(Win7 IP)
       Client Security: NLA:1 TLS:1 RDP:0
       Server Security: NLA:1 TLS:0 RDP:0
       Negotiated Security: NLA:1 TLS:0 RDP:0
       TLS connection accepted
       Could not open SAM file!
       Could not open SAM file!
       Message Integrity Check (MIC) verification failed!
       Expected MIC:
       0000 7e e5 6c d6 0c 66 71 5b d2 6e e1 3e 51 f3 14 1d ~.l..fq[.n.>Q...
       Actual MIC:
       0000 b1 6a 39 8c 9d 80 b7 8f ed 5d b3 5d 43 e3 e8 01 .j9......].]C...
       AcceptSecurityContext status: 0x8009030F
       client authentication failure
       Failed to check freerdp file descriptor
       Client XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX disconnected.

      The message tells me "It can't open SAM file".
      However I have no idea about how to create a SAM file and put it in
/etc/winpr.
(Continue reading)

Marc-André Moreau | 6 Oct 16:19 2012
Picon

Re: How could I create a file called SAM in "SAM" format?

The server looks for a file called /etc/winpr/SAM

It's a text file with line entries in the same format as samdump. There is
a tool in the sources that gets built:
winpr/tools/hash/winpr-hash

You can call it this way:

winpr-hash -u awakecoding -p password
awakecoding:::8846f7eaee8fb117ad06bdd830b7586c:::

and paste the line that the tool outputs to /etc/winpr/SAM.

Here's the help for the tool:

winpr-hash: NTLM hashing tool

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 5:04 AM, Yorjing Tsai <yorjing <at> gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody:
>        I see https://github.com/FreeRDP/FreeRDP/issues/715 these days.
>        And I've built xfreerdp-server soon.
>
>        But when I active xfreerdp-server in Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit,
>        I access Ubuntu by Win7 RDP Client,
>        the message shows in Ubuntu's console as follows:
>
>        Listening on 0.0.0.0 port 3389.
>        bind: Address already in use
(Continue reading)

Yorjing Tsai | 6 Oct 16:38 2012

Marc-André Moreau <marcandre.moreau <at> gmail.com> writes:

> The server looks for a file called /etc/winpr/SAM
>
> It's a text file with line entries in the same format as samdump. There is
> a tool in the sources that gets built:
> winpr/tools/hash/winpr-hash
>
> You can call it this way:
>
> winpr-hash -u awakecoding -p password
> awakecoding:::8846f7eaee8fb117ad06bdd830b7586c:::
>
> and paste the line that the tool outputs to /etc/winpr/SAM.
>
> Here's the help for the tool:
>
> winpr-hash: NTLM hashing tool

Thank you for your help sincerely
My xfreerdp-server can work successfully

But when I use Win7 default RDP Client to connect to xfreerdp-server,
the error message shows in console are as follows:

Listening on 0.0.0.0 port 3389.
bind: Address already in use
We've got a client 118.167.76.141
(Continue reading)

Marc-André Moreau | 6 Oct 16:53 2012
Picon

Re: How could I create a file called SAM in "SAM" format?

xfreerdp-server only supports RemoteFX, so you need a RemoteFX-capable
client configured to request RemoteFX support from the server. IIRC, you'd
need Windows 7 *SP1*, and put all connection settings to maximum (in the
Experience tab of mstsc, set it LAN)

It should work, but be aware that xfreerdp-server is still considered
experimental so don't be surprised to find glitches

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 10:38 AM, Yorjing Tsai <yorjing <at> gmail.com> wrote:

> Marc-André Moreau <marcandre.moreau <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

> > The server looks for a file called /etc/winpr/SAM
> >
> > It's a text file with line entries in the same format as samdump. There
> is
> > a tool in the sources that gets built:
> > winpr/tools/hash/winpr-hash
> >
> > You can call it this way:
> >
> > winpr-hash -u awakecoding -p password
> > awakecoding:::8846f7eaee8fb117ad06bdd830b7586c:::
> >
> > and paste the line that the tool outputs to /etc/winpr/SAM.
> >
> > Here's the help for the tool:
> >
> > winpr-hash: NTLM hashing tool
(Continue reading)

Yorjing Tsai | 6 Oct 17:12 2012
Picon

Re: How could I create a file called SAM in

Marc-André Moreau <marcandre.moreau <at> gmail.com> writes:

> xfreerdp-server only supports RemoteFX, so you need a RemoteFX-capable
> client configured to request RemoteFX support from the server. IIRC, you'd
> need Windows 7 *SP1*, and put all connection settings to maximum (in the
> Experience tab of mstsc, set it LAN)
>
> It should work, but be aware that xfreerdp-server is still considered
> experimental so don't be surprised to find glitches

Can I disable RemoteFX in xfreerdp-server?
I'd like to comparison the performance between with RemoteFX and without
RemoteFX.
Thank you for your help sincerely

Bernhard Miklautz | 8 Oct 10:36 2012
Picon

Re: How could I create a file called SAM in

Hi,

On 10/06/2012 05:12 PM, Yorjing Tsai wrote:
> Can I disable RemoteFX in xfreerdp-server?
> I'd like to comparison the performance between with RemoteFX and without
> RemoteFX.
xfreerdp-server currently only supports RemoteFX. So disabling it is not
possible at the moment.

Best regard,
Bernhard

http://p.sf.net/sfu/newrelic-dev2dev