Christophe Romain | 1 Aug 15:02 2007
Picon

new ejabberd-1.1.3 linux installer

Hello

here is a newly generated installer for ejabberd-1.1.3 that should be
binary compatible with 1.1.2
https://support.process-one.net/secure/attachment/11409/
ejabberd_std-1.1.3-linux-x86-installer.bin

so it should work on linux distro that was previously not supported.
any comments are welcome.
Badlop | 2 Aug 09:49 2007
Picon

Re: new ejabberd-1.1.3 linux installer

2007/8/1, Christophe Romain <cromain <at> process-one.net>:
> here is a newly generated installer for ejabberd-1.1.3 that should be
> binary compatible with 1.1.2
> https://support.process-one.net/secure/attachment/11409/
> ejabberd_std-1.1.3-linux-x86-installer.bin
> so it should work on linux distro that was previously not supported.

For reference purposes, the incompatibility problem with the previous
installer is tracked here:

> any comments are welcome.

I know that many people suffered this problem. However, I only know
the contact information of two persons:
 - I can't contact Costa because his Jabber server seems down
 - I already informed Darkk, and he expects to try it 'this week'. I
guess he refers to the remaining of the current week :) I'll attach
his final results here or in the bug issue.
Christophe Romain | 2 Aug 12:26 2007
Picon

Re: new ejabberd-1.1.3 linux installer

for information, i tested that new installer on CentOS 4.5
(environment that was not supported)
and it seems to be OK.

1> crypto:start().
ok
i could also register and connect to the server
Badlop | 5 Aug 14:07 2007
Picon

Re: new ejabberd-1.1.3 linux installer

2007/8/1, Christophe Romain <cromain <at> process-one.net>:
> here is a newly generated installer for ejabberd-1.1.3 that should be
> binary compatible with 1.1.2
> https://support.process-one.net/secure/attachment/11409/
> ejabberd_std-1.1.3-linux-x86-installer.bin
>
> so it should work on linux distro that was previously not supported.
> any comments are welcome.

Hi Christophe,

I got a response from Leonid Evdokimov (aka Darkk). He told me to post
this both in the ejabberd mailing list and in Jira bug tracker,
because he isn't yet registered in any of them:

1. I tested installer from
https://support.process-one.net/secure/attachment/11409/ejabberd_std-1.1.3-linux-x86-installer.bin
 Its md5sum is d4e1607666b10c6276ed75df84cd8823

2. crypto seems to work perfectly now :)
It didn't work with the old ejabberd 1.1.3 binary Linux x86 installer.
Now it says:
$ cd /dev/shm
$ ejabberd-1.1.3/bin/erl
Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.4.12 [source] [hipe] [threads:0]

Eshell V5.4.12  (abort with ^G)
1> crypto:start().
ok
2>
(Continue reading)

Mickaël Rémond | 6 Aug 12:11 2007
Picon

Re: new ejabberd-1.1.3 linux installer

Hello,

I got a response from Leonid Evdokimov (aka Darkk). He told me to post
this both in the ejabberd mailing list and in Jira bug tracker,
because he isn't yet registered in any of them:

Thank you for the feedback.
The updated ejabberd 1.1.3 installer for Linux is now available for ejabberd download page:

Please, let us know if the resulting installer works better in your case.

--
Mickaël Rémond