Arno Waschk | 17 Sep 10:37 2004
Picon

mnet bootpage update

dear bootpage maintainers,

please excuse my first mail.
The data has to be shortened by the 'node sources' part, since it makes  
the parser fail.
I will fix that later.

it would be great if you could add the following new data into your  
bootpage.txt:

{'pyver': '2.3.3 1, Apr  6 2004, 01:47:39 GCC 3.3.3 SuSE Linux', 'sequence
num': 3, 'platform': 'linux2', 'node version':
'0.7a1-148-METATRACKERFORv06NET', 'connection strategies':
[{'lowerstrategy': {'IP address': '4.12.29.42', 'port number': '45077',
'comm strat sequence num': 1, 'comm strategy type': 'TCP'}, 'pubkey':
{'key header': {'usage': 'only for communication security', 'type':
'public', 'cryptosystem': 'RSA'}, 'key values': {'public modulus':
'uLvYQ1IBU-1xwj4584dL3jLEM0GCF8MZDC22_gvf6yuEizAlA2AGxwIME8yvju-kyAFTMdODR7r7WLhiY-8o1TjkxEZaeb2s8gdhH7xudLRouumepNUqk3oCoi5n6Rdt6UurhIO3wdltG8dHOCILBNJq-yME1EpwVVqoM5ATLj0',
'public exponent': '3'}}, 'comm strat sequence num': 1, 'comm strategy
type': 'crypto'}], 'services': [{'type': 'block server'}, {'type':
'publishing block server'}, {'type': 'meta tracker'}]}

if you cannot use this due to line wrapping, please try:

http://4.12.29.42:45080/bootpage.txt

thanks a lot!
sorry for confusion!

Arno
(Continue reading)

Zooko O'Whielacronx | 17 Sep 15:39 2004

Re: mnet bootpage update

I've added the new MT public key to my bootpage at

http://zooko.com/bootpage.txt

I guess I shoudl remove some of the other ones I have listed.  Which 
ones are still active?

--Z
Arno Waschk | 17 Sep 22:31 2004
Picon
Picon

Re: Re: mnet bootpage update

fariad's is online and active now, that other one (by a guy called sieve-o  
on #mnet) i can't reach yet, and i have to wait for him to return to his  
keyboard somewhen...
fariad's MT changed IP, so look into  
http://web.nilpotent.org/bootpage.txt, his one being the second.
Thanks, Arno

On 17 Sep 2004 10:39:45 -0300, Zooko O'Whielacronx <zooko@...> wrote:

> I've added the new MT public key to my bootpage at
>
> http://zooko.com/bootpage.txt
>
> I guess I shoudl remove some of the other ones I have listed.  Which  
> ones are still active?
>
> --Z
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mnet-devel mailing list
> Mnet-devel@...
> http://lists.mnetproject.org/mailman/listinfo/mnet-devel
>

--

-- 
http://www.arnowaschk.de
Faried Nawaz | 18 Sep 12:44 2004
X-Face

Re: Re: mnet bootpage update


The network my metatracker is on moved (all IPs were renumbered, etc).
The metatracker was offline for a couple of days, but is back up now.

Should i replace your entry in my bootpage.txt with the one at

http://zooko.com/bootpage.txt

?

Faried.
--

-- 
^self
Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn | 18 Sep 13:36 2004

Re: Re: mnet bootpage update

So I think your new MT IP addr is 204.145.230.70.  Is that right?

> Should i replace your entry in my bootpage.txt with the one at

Actually, I'm not running a MetaTracker.

The only server I have is my home machine which is also doing 
voice-over-IP stuff right now.  MetaTrackers don't take up much 
bandwidth, but even a little blip in bandwidth can impact voice-over-IP 
quality...

I'll take my own metatracker out of my own bootpage!

Hm.  Which one was mine?  It's too bad these bootpage entries don't 
come with ids.

There, I just added the nodeId to the hello_body in 
metatracker_for_old_network.

Anyway, I don't know which MT in my bootpage is my old MT.  I guess 
I'll delete the one that was running on Debian.  Yes, the other ones 
are on FreeBSD (fn's), Apple (the mnet.ibuc.com one, which currently 
nobody is maintaining), SuSE, and Mandrake.

Done.

--Z
osh | 18 Sep 14:08 2004
Picon

Re: Re: mnet bootpage update

Hello.
Both my MT's have been offline for quite a while now. Since I moved
actually. Althoug they've been running they haven't announced
themselves anywhere. My IP changed when I moved.
I'll update both my 0.6MT and my 0.7MT since I think both of them are
too old to be of any use to anyone.
I assume that bootpages needs to be updated because of this too.

Oscar

Quoting Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn <zooko@...>:

> So I think your new MT IP addr is 204.145.230.70.  Is that right?
> 
> > Should i replace your entry in my bootpage.txt with the one at
> 
> Actually, I'm not running a MetaTracker.
> 
> The only server I have is my home machine which is also doing 
> voice-over-IP stuff right now.  MetaTrackers don't take up much 
> bandwidth, but even a little blip in bandwidth can impact
> voice-over-IP 
> quality...
> 
> I'll take my own metatracker out of my own bootpage!
> 
> Hm.  Which one was mine?  It's too bad these bootpage entries don't 
> come with ids.
> 
> There, I just added the nodeId to the hello_body in 
(Continue reading)

Arno Waschk | 18 Sep 23:21 2004
Picon
Picon

Re: Re: mnet bootpage update

no, for the moment only update the bootpage, NOT the MT if it is was  
working before... never touch a running system.
If your trees are too old you will realize, i guess...
Arno

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 14:08:27 +0200, <osh@...> wrote:

> Hello.
> Both my MT's have been offline for quite a while now. Since I moved
> actually. Althoug they've been running they haven't announced
> themselves anywhere. My IP changed when I moved.
> I'll update both my 0.6MT and my 0.7MT since I think both of them are
> too old to be of any use to anyone.
> I assume that bootpages needs to be updated because of this too.
>
> Oscar
>
> Quoting Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn <zooko@...>:
>
>> So I think your new MT IP addr is 204.145.230.70.  Is that right?
>>
>> > Should i replace your entry in my bootpage.txt with the one at
>>
>> Actually, I'm not running a MetaTracker.
>>
>> The only server I have is my home machine which is also doing
>> voice-over-IP stuff right now.  MetaTrackers don't take up much
>> bandwidth, but even a little blip in bandwidth can impact
>> voice-over-IP
>> quality...
(Continue reading)

Oscar Haeger | 14 Oct 19:13 2004
Picon

Relayer

Hi.
Ok, I'm semi-back on the net now.
I've started a relayer for the 0.6-network and do believe I see some
traffic between that one and <sd189>.

Next step is to download and get the MT's for both 0.6 and 0.7 up and
running again. I think that the version that I have are beyond repair
by now since I've tinkered with them too much. I think just downloading
a fresh copy would be the best thing to do. Anyone got any preferences
about what version to download and start?

Oscar

Gmane