Roger Munoz | 20 May 14:41 2013

[Check_mk (english)] Hostname or tag specification <hostname> does not match any host.

Hello all

I have this strange issue occurring where half of the hosts I've been monitoring have disappeared. When I
try to do a re-inventory I am getting 'Hostname or Tag Specification <hostname> does not match'!

Build is :
OS: Centos 6.4
check_mk: 1.2.2p1
Nagios: 3.3.1

I don’t use WATO to configure hosts or tags (there is a plan to do this in the near future)

Here is an example of what is happening.

[root <at> ptvslonag01 conf.d]# cat admin.mk
all_hosts = all_hosts + [ 'ptvslohop01|tcp|admin|solaris',
'ptvsloadm01|tcp|admin|solaris','ptvsloadm02|tcp|admin|solaris',
'ptvsloproxy01|admin|linux|centos' ]
[root <at> ptvslonag01 conf.d]# cmk -II ptvsloadm01
Hostname or tag specification 'ptvsloadm01' does not match any host.
[root <at> ptvslonag01 conf.d]# cmk -II ptvsloproxy01
Hostname or tag specification 'ptvsloproxy01' does not match any host.

[root <at> ptvslonag01 conf.d]# cat ldap.mk
all_hosts = all_hosts + [ 'ptvsloldap01|ldap|linux|redhat', 'ptvsloldap02|ldap|linux|redhat' ]
root <at> ptvslonag01 conf.d]# cmk -II ptvsloldap01
cpu.loads         1 new checks
cpu.threads       1 new checks
df                1 new checks
diskstat          1 new checks
(Continue reading)

Marcel Schulte | 20 May 14:56 2013
Picon

Re: [Check_mk (english)] Hostname or tag specification <hostname> does not match any host.

Hi Roger,

1. Better write this in your files:
all_hosts += [ (...) ]
2. What's the output of 'cmk --list-hosts'?

Regards,
Marcel

sent from my SGS3

[...]

kernel            3 new checks
kernel.util       1 new checks
lnx_if            1 new checks
logwatch          1 new checks
mem.used          1 new checks
ntp.time          1 new checks
postfix_mailq     1 new checks
tcp_conn_stats    1 new checks
[root <at> ptvslonag01 conf.d]#

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Roger

CONFIDENTIALITY - This email and any files transmitted with it, are confidential, may be legally privileged and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If this has come to you in error, you must not copy, distribute, disclose or use any of the information it contains. Please notify the sender immediately and delete them from your system.

SECURITY - Please be aware that communication by email, by its very nature, is not 100% secure and by communicating with Perform Group by email you consent to us monitoring and reading any such correspondence.

VIRUSES - Although this email message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses, the sender accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of a computer virus and it is the recipient’s responsibility to ensure that email is virus free.

AUTHORITY - Any views or opinions expressed in this email are solely those of the sender and do not necessarily represent those of Perform Group.

COPYRIGHT - Copyright of this email and any attachments belongs to Perform Group, Companies House Registration number 6324278.
Roger Munoz | 21 May 09:59 2013

Re: [Check_mk (english)] Hostname or tag specification <hostname> does not match any host.

Hey Marcel

I just imported all the hosts into wato, it was much easier to do than try and fight a losing battle!

 Everything is now working as it should.

Thanks anyway.

Roger

[root <at> ptvslonag01 conf.d]# cat admin.mk<http://admin.mk>

[...]