Philipp Schafft | 9 Mar 00:01 2009

[opennic-discuss] FurNIC, .fur

flum,

first I want to say hello to the list as I'm new on it: hello. ;)

I'm running FurNIC together with some friends.
FurNIC is a NIC to provide .fur. It was founded on a time
OpenNICs .fur seemed to die to maybe join the OpenNIC project.

As time passed OpenNIC seems to have someone found for .fur.

I (we) don't like to have duplicate .fur TLDs around.
So I currently check for possibilitys to resolve the problem.

There are 4 possibiles I can thing of at the moment:
1) Merge with the existing .fur
2) Take .fur over
3) Take .fur over as independed peered NIC
4) fail to solve the TLD conflict and go away

In all but the last cases I of cause want to sync both TLDs so
no domains get lost.

I'm currently checking what of the above is possible
(does the Chartas fit? What about the law?
The people and other admins?,...).

At the moment it seems that I prefer 3) (mostly because of
the german law).

(Continue reading)

Alex Nordlund | 9 Mar 00:05 2009
Picon

Re: [opennic-discuss] FurNIC, .fur

[...]

I hope the inrest here is as big as on IRC.

I just wanted to tell you why I'm here and will post
as soon as I need your help :)

I'm on IRC if anyone has a question or want to help me ;)

wish you a nice and furry day and have a nice cuddling! :)

- ---
Philipp.
 (Rah mof PH2)
-
To unsubscribe, email majordomo <at> lists.opennicproject.org with the words
"unsubscribe discuss" in the body of the message.
-
To unsubscribe, email majordomo <at> lists.opennicproject.org with the words
"unsubscribe discuss" in the body of the message.

Gmane