Andrés Odio | 6 Sep 03:41 2013
Picon

Copy/Paste between Windows and Ubuntu 12.04 via Remote Desktop Connection (mstsc)?

Hi,

I'm connecting to an Ubuntu 12.04 box from a Windows 8 machine via Remote Desktop Connection (mstsc.exe).  Everything works perfectly, except for copy/paste, which does not work at all.

Is there a way to make it work?  Or is this a fundamental limitation of the xrdp protocol / the mstsc.exe tool?

Thanks,

Andrés
Nexarian | 8 Sep 06:38 2013
Picon

Re: Copy/Paste between Windows and Ubuntu 12.04 via Remote Desktop Connection (mstsc)?

I'm surprised to hear that it doesn't work at all. Can you try logging in
from a Windows 7 system and see? Many people have reported more problems
with XRDP and the Windows 8 mstsc client.

In my experience, copy/paste between Windows and XRDP very often works
better than say, OpenNX. I've done a little bit of investigation here, and
it seems like when copy/paste with XRDP breaks, it's a problem with windows
and not with XRDP. I know this, because copy/paste will stop working, and if
I reboot Windows (but not restart the XRDP server), copy paste resumes
working again. There might be bugs in Windows which both OpenNX and XRDP are
hitting, as copy/paste breaking/suddenly ceasing to work is a common
complaint.

dr.lounge | 5 Dec 11:46 2013

Re: Copy/Paste between Windows and Ubuntu 12.04 via Remote Desktop Connection (mstsc)?

Hello,

I am working with XRDP a lot, and I'm loving it. I connect to Debian via
Win7 and/or Win8 (both x32 and x64, always mstsc.exe) but copy&paste never
worked. I tried several protocols. If there is any possibility for this
going to work, I would apprecheate this very much.

thanks,
Tom

Download it for free now!
Jay Sorg | 7 Dec 00:53 2013
Picon

Re: Copy/Paste between Windows and Ubuntu 12.04 via Remote Desktop Connection (mstsc)?

> I am working with XRDP a lot, and I'm loving it. I connect to Debian via
> Win7 and/or Win8 (both x32 and x64, always mstsc.exe) but copy&paste never
> worked. I tried several protocols. If there is any possibility for this
> going to work, I would apprecheate this very much.

What version are you running?  If it's the Debian package, it's older.
If you want to build from source, the clipboard should work nice.  You
can copy and past bitmaps and even files!

Jay