antonello | 13 Aug 14:32 2013
Picon

samba 4 and roaming profiles

I've just setup a samba4 system (zentyal) to act as authentication and
file server in a mixed lan (windows and linux clients).
The problem is that my linux pcs and windows winxp clients point to a
"username" folder on the server, while the windows7 clients point to a
"username.V2" folder.
This is an issue due to the different types of roaming profiles in
different windows versions (xp & 7).
So I need a workaround to make the windows7 cliients point to "username"
folders.

TIA
Antonello

L.P.H. van Belle | 13 Aug 16:09 2013
Picon

Re: samba 4 and roaming profiles

Hai,

Profiles of XP and Win7(8) are different and should NOT be in the same folder.
This is why you have a V2 profile folder and this is NOT the "username" folder.
You can redirect desktop / documents / userhome to the same point.
but not the profile folder.

Dale Schroeder | 13 Aug 20:32 2013

Re: samba 4 and roaming profiles

Jerry Carter provided this example long ago when Vista first started the
v2 profile.  It might still be viable in Samba4.

https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2007-April/053054.html

Dale