Andrew Bartlett | 4 May 13:14 2003
Picon

Call for testsuites!

As we get closer to Samba 3.0, it would be good to build up the number
of tests we have in Samba.

One of the test facilities we have is the Samba build farm, which gives
us real-time, automated feedback on what we broke :-).

I'm thinking about tests for the options:

 - map to guest == bad user
                == bad password
 - null passwords
 - write list

Simple things, that you can test with smbclient.

So, if people have an interest in this kind of thing - look into
testsuite/build_farm in your samba 3.0 checkout.

The basic operation is this:  We have a pile of shell scripts, brought
into the main test setup with

 . testname.test

They bring in other scripts, and functions.

Just setup a template file in basicsmb.fns, and the template subdir,
then copy an existing test.  It should be easy...

(If this much hasn't scared you, I'll give you a hand with the slightly
messy environment required to manually run the scripts).
(Continue reading)

Ben Gould | 19 Jun 17:06 2003

Re: Call for testsuites!

hello, i have some time to look at this (as i would like to eventually
send back some patches for some issues i've hacked around outside or
inside libsmbclient)

> Just setup a template file in basicsmb.fns, and the template subdir,
> then copy an existing test.  It should be easy...
>
> (If this much hasn't scared you, I'll give you a hand with the slightly
> messy environment required to manually run the scripts).

it looks like it should be easy; i almost got there installing a
samba_3_0 branch from today like this:

<<<
ben <at> freeman:~/build/pkgs/samba-tag-SAMBA_3_0/samba/testsuite/build_farm
$ uname -a
Linux freeman 2.4.10-64GB-SMP #1 SMP Fri Sep 28 17:26:36 GMT 2001 i686
unknown

ben <at> freeman:~/build/pkgs/samba-tag-SAMBA_3_0/samba/testsuite/build_farm
$ export prefix=/opt/samba_3_0; export
LIBSMB_PROG=/opt/samba_3_0/sbin/smbd; sh ./basicsmb-invalidusers.test
LIBSMB_PROG=/opt/samba_3_0/sbin/smbd
test_smb_conf_setup: Configuring:
     PREFIX=/opt/samba_3_0
     BUILD_FARM=
     WHOAMI=ben
     LOGLEVEL=1
     TREE=
template_setup: Created /opt/samba_3_0/lib/smb.conf
(Continue reading)

Ben Gould | 20 Jun 12:14 2003

Re: Call for testsuites!

> it looks like it should be easy; i almost got there installing a
> samba_3_0 branch from today like this:

better now, please ignore previous

-- ben

Gmane