Stefan Hellman | 23 Mar 14:15 2011
Picon

Thinstation and terminal services 2008R2 with session broker

After some trouble I have got rdesktopsvn and freerdp working with our 2008R2 TS, but having problem to get it working Session broker and TS farm. When the broker redirects me to an existing session on a server, freerdp disconnects and gets back to the connect button, rdesktopsvn returns to the login screen with a truncated username with only the three first characters.

After some googleing I found that this problem should have been solved in the latest version of rdesktopsvn, but it doesn’t work for me.

I use the Danish TSoM. Anyone else got this running?

GARRISON, TRAVIS J. | 23 Mar 14:45 2011

Re: Thinstation and terminal services 2008R2 with session broker

We had a lot of issues with using the session broker on 2008R2. From our research, Microsoft changed the way it works and only RDP 6 work correctly. It looks like rdesktop and freerdp are still using RDP 5. We got around the issues by using a standalone load balancer in front of our terminal servers and removing the session broker. We went with haproxy for the load balancer, free and seems really stable.

Travis

After some trouble I have got rdesktopsvn and freerdp working with our 2008R2 TS, but having problem to get it working Session broker and TS farm. When the broker redirects me to an existing session on a server, freerdp disconnects and gets back to the connect button, rdesktopsvn returns to the login screen with a truncated username with only the three first characters.

After some googleing I found that this problem should have been solved in the latest version of rdesktopsvn, but it doesn’t work for me.

I use the Danish TSoM. Anyone else got this running?

cuihairu | 17 Jun 05:00 2013

Re: Thinstation and terminal services 2008R2 with session broker

can you gei me  your haproxy.cfg file?

Build for Windows Store.

http://p.sf.net/sfu/windows-dev2dev
alex_k | 1 Jan 20:31 2014
Picon

Re: Thinstation and terminal services 2008R2 with session broker

Hello Travis,

I have the same issue with the broker.
I start to configure haproxy but I understand that the haproxy works
different from the broker.
Can you help me with the general conf for the haproxy to play well with the
rds farm?
Or I have to delete dns settings (RR) and the farm?
I have to conf haproxy with keepalive cause its a single point of failure...

Thanks in advance
Alex