Hamidreza Moezivafa | 19 Sep 13:58 2010
Picon

I get "Error 0x8004a029: Couldn't install the network component" in Win7

I have a Win7 ultimate and I tried to install Shrew 2.1.5 for the first time (I did not run as admin for the first time). but I faced an "error  0x8004a029: Couldn't install the network component" but the installation has been completed successfully.
when I reboot and import the ***.VPN file, Shrew asked me for user and pass, and I entered and I got this error :

local id configured
pre-shared key configured
bringing down tunnel ...
adapter configuration failed
tunnel disabled
detached from key daemon ...

and My shrew VPN  in network adapter section of device manager has a attention mark and give me error (code 31) :
This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

I have tried to uninstall according to Mathew guide and when I reboot and re-install , I didn`t got the error 0x8004a029, but The other 2 problem( code 31 and adaptor config. faild ) is remained.

any Idea for me to install the VPN on win7.

Thank you
Hamid
Matthew Grooms | 20 Sep 23:50 2010
Picon

Re: I get "Error 0x8004a029: Couldn't install the network component" in Win7

On 9/19/2010 6:58 AM, Hamidreza Moezivafa wrote:

> I have a Win7 ultimate and I tried to install Shrew 2.1.5 for the first
> time (I did not run as admin for the first time). but I faced an
> "error  0x8004a029: Couldn't install the network component" but the
> installation has been completed successfully.
> when I reboot and import the ***.VPN file, Shrew asked me for user and
> pass, and I entered and I got this error :
>
> local id configured
> pre-shared key configured
> bringing down tunnel ...
> adapter configuration failed
> tunnel disabled
> detached from key daemon ...
>
> and My shrew VPN  in network adapter section of device manager has a
> attention mark and give me error (code 31) :
> This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the
> drivers required for this device. (Code 31)
>
> I have tried to uninstall according to Mathew guide and when I reboot
> and re-install , I didn`t got the error 0x8004a029, but The other 2
> problem( code 31 and adaptor config. faild ) is remained.
>
> any Idea for me to install the VPN on win7.

Try 2.1.7 ( or 2.1.6 at a minimum ). Don't uninstall the old client
first, just run the new installer. Hopefully the new installer will
remove the old client components correctly, and install the newer
drivers which are signed by MS. If you still experience problems, let me
know.

-Matthew

Gmane