Benjamin Henrion | 25 Mar 10:29 2012

Dbus like bus based on zeromq?

Hi,

I was juts reading this article about a Dbus replacement:

http://linuxfr.org/news/a-bus-un-autre-bus-dedie-gnu-linux-embarque

Someone mentioned zeromq, how easy would be to have a daemon that replaces dbus?

How would the applications talk to such daemon? via json?

I think the capability of zeromq to have ipc+tcp is very interesting
in this context.

--
Benjamin Henrion <bhenrion at ffii.org>
FFII Brussels - +32-484-566109 - +32-2-3500762

Re: Dbus like bus based on zeromq?

Hi Benjamin,

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 11:29 AM, Benjamin Henrion <bh <at> udev.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was juts reading this article about a Dbus replacement:
>
> http://linuxfr.org/news/a-bus-un-autre-bus-dedie-gnu-linux-embarque
>
> Someone mentioned zeromq, how easy would be to have a daemon that replaces dbus?
>
> How would the applications talk to such daemon? via json?
>
> I think the capability of zeromq to have ipc+tcp is very interesting
> in this context.

Yes switching transport is very interesting. But it's unclear
what problem do they solve. Text says there are too many context
switches and there are central deamon. Daemon can be turned
into coordinator instead proxy like dbus. But context switches
are still there (and even more as I expect) since zeromq does
io in separate thread.

Paul

Gmane