Jim | 29 Feb 04:18 2012
Picon

[chandler-dev] Build fails on Ubuntu with error

Hi:

I like the Chandler package, but, running under wine is just too slow,
so I decided to compile the native form under Kubuntu 11.04.

There are a number of issues.  First, the debian/control file has to be
edited.  Change all occurrences of python-zopeinterface to
python-zope.interface to comply with new package names.

The build command then becomes:
svn-buildpackage -rfakeroot --svn-verbose --svn-ignore-new

However, this also fails with a compile error:
chandler/build-area/chandler-1.0.4~svn16701/external/icu/icu-3.6/icu/source/layoutex/ParagraphLayout.cpp:801:6:
error: #elif with no expression
make[4]: *** [ParagraphLayout.o] Error 1

First of all, I shouldn't even be building the external packages.  How
do I turn them off?  That might solve the problem.

Second, this file doesn't exist on my computer.  How am I supposed to
fix this problem?

Jim D.

sabayon11 | 29 Feb 08:47 2012
Picon

Re: [chandler-dev] Build fails on Ubuntu with error

Looks like Chandler is not developed. You can use it without install. Download
http://downloads.osafoundation.org/chandler/releases/1.0.3/#enduserlinux
Chandler_linux_1.0.3.tar.gz
Unpack und run sh file.
http://downloads.osafoundation.org/chandler/releases/1.0.3/Chandler_linux_1.0.3.tar.gz