Jonathan Aquilina | 23 Aug 13:02 2012
Picon

raspberry pi

I have a major itch to purchase one, but is the only way to connect a raspberry pi to a monitor via a tv only? Also at the last meeting someone mentioned they are coming out with a quad core version? does anyone have any idea as to when?

--
Jonathan Aquilina
James Azzopardi | 23 Aug 14:24 2012

Re: raspberry pi

Raspberry has two outputs for video out: RCA (yellow
phono for composite video - normally to TV) and an
HDMI connector (either modern TV or monitor).

If you want to order, order now.
It takes a couple of months to arrive.

JAmes

On 23/08/2012 13:02, Jonathan Aquilina wrote:
> I have a major itch to purchase one, but is the only way to connect a
> raspberry pi to a monitor via a tv only? Also at the last meeting
> someone mentioned they are coming out with a quad core version? does
> anyone have any idea as to when?
>
> --
> Jonathan Aquilina

Attachment (smime.p7s): application/pkcs7-signature, 6651 bytes
Victor Jerlin | 23 Aug 14:45 2012

Re: raspberry pi

If you order from farnell/element14 you can get one in about 2 weeks time.

I ordered from them 2 weeks ago and already have mine.  I ordered from RS
about 3 months ago, and I still haven't received it, so I don't recommend
ordering from them.

/Victor

On 08/23/2012 02:24 PM, James Azzopardi wrote:
> Raspberry has two outputs for video out: RCA (yellow
> phono for composite video - normally to TV) and an
> HDMI connector (either modern TV or monitor).
>
> If you want to order, order now.
> It takes a couple of months to arrive.
>
> JAmes
>
> On 23/08/2012 13:02, Jonathan Aquilina wrote:
>> I have a major itch to purchase one, but is the only way to connect a
>> raspberry pi to a monitor via a tv only? Also at the last meeting
>> someone mentioned they are coming out with a quad core version? does
>> anyone have any idea as to when?
>>
>> --
>> Jonathan Aquilina

Victor Jerlin
Acuit Systems Ltd, Malta
Cell-#: +356-9999-0125
Cell-#: +46-70999-1257
Skype : victor.jerlin
James Azzopardi | 23 Aug 14:52 2012

Re: raspberry pi

Victor, you're lucky with farnell.
My May order has still to be "processed".

JAmes

On 23/08/2012 14:45, Victor Jerlin wrote:
> If you order from farnell/element14 you can get one in about 2 weeks time.
>
> I ordered from them 2 weeks ago and already have mine.  I ordered from RS
> about 3 months ago, and I still haven't received it, so I don't recommend
> ordering from them.
>
> /Victor
>
> On 08/23/2012 02:24 PM, James Azzopardi wrote:
>> Raspberry has two outputs for video out: RCA (yellow
>> phono for composite video - normally to TV) and an
>> HDMI connector (either modern TV or monitor).
>>
>> If you want to order, order now.
>> It takes a couple of months to arrive.
>>
>> JAmes
>>
>> On 23/08/2012 13:02, Jonathan Aquilina wrote:
>>> I have a major itch to purchase one, but is the only way to connect a
>>> raspberry pi to a monitor via a tv only? Also at the last meeting
>>> someone mentioned they are coming out with a quad core version? does
>>> anyone have any idea as to when?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jonathan Aquilina

Attachment (smime.p7s): application/pkcs7-signature, 6651 bytes
James Attard | 23 Aug 16:11 2012

Re: raspberry pi

+1 for the Android TV box - this is something which I am considering.

James Attard

w. www.jamesattard.com
e. info-yB5tak4MCHf3XKjYc++fXQ@public.gmane.org

t. <at> jamezattard

[...]

Raphael Borg Ellul Vincenti | 23 Aug 16:20 2012

Re: raspberry pi

Friend of mine has one pending delivery - there are different variants so don't judge general quality of the product

I got the GoogleTV proper version which quite good but its still on Android 3.2.

These 50$ boxes are coming with Android 4 but lack a remote control

[...]

Gauci Christopher at MDH | 23 Aug 16:30 2012
Picon

Re: raspberry pi

Also I have bought the raspberry pi. I am thinking of using as carputer.

Sent from my Android

Friend of mine has one pending delivery - there are different variants so don't judge general quality of the product
I got the GoogleTV proper version which quite good but its still on Android 3.2.

These 50$ boxes are coming with Android 4 but lack a remote control

+1 for the Android TV box - this is something which I am considering.

James Attard

w. www.jamesattard.com
e. info <at> jamesattard.com
t. <at> jamezattard

[...]