Colin McGregor | 25 Apr 17:39 2013
Picon

: ReleasePartyWheezy

Is there anyone in the GTA organizing a release party for the new
Debian release Wheezy
(http://bits.debian.org/2013/04/release-date.html)?

If not is there anyone interested in helping to put together such a party?

Colin

Lennart Sorensen | 25 Apr 17:46 2013

Re: : ReleasePartyWheezy

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 11:39:07AM -0400, Colin McGregor wrote:
> Is there anyone in the GTA organizing a release party for the new
> Debian release Wheezy
> (http://bits.debian.org/2013/04/release-date.html)?
>
> If not is there anyone interested in helping to put together such a party?

A new Debian release certainly is a much bigger deal than a new Ubuntu
or Fedora release (those happen all the time after all).

Len Sorensen

Alex Volkov | 25 Apr 20:02 2013
Picon

Re: : ReleasePartyWheezy

I would like to help out of anyone does.

Sent from my mobile device.

--
The Toronto Linux Users Group.      Meetings: http://gtalug.org/
sammy.lao | 25 Apr 23:13 2013

Re: : ReleasePartyWheezy

Colin,

Are you coming to the Ubuntu Release Party today in Toronto?
We can talk about it then.

Is there anyone in the GTA organizing a release party for the new
Debian release Wheezy
(http://bits.debian.org/2013/04/release-date.html)?

If not is there anyone interested in helping to put together such a party?

Colin
--
The Toronto Linux Users Group.      Meetings: http://gtalug.org/
Colin McGregor | 25 Apr 23:20 2013
Picon

Re: : ReleasePartyWheezy

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 5:13 PM,  <sammy.lao@...> wrote:
> Colin,
>
> Are you coming to the Ubuntu Release Party today in Toronto?
> We can talk about it then.

Yes, and I was wondering about the Debian party being at the same site
as the Ubuntu party...

Sammy Lao | 25 Apr 23:26 2013
Picon

Re: : ReleasePartyWheezy

Can talk to Mike if he thinks it's a good idea.
He knows those people pretty well at the Alito.
On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 5:13 PM, sammy.lao <at> freegeektoronto.org> wrote:
> Colin,
>
> Are you coming to the Ubuntu Release Party today in Toronto?
> We can talk about it then.

Yes, and I was wondering about the Debian party being at the same site
as the Ubuntu party...

Lennart Sorensen | 25 Apr 23:42 2013

Re: : ReleasePartyWheezy

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 02:26:48PM -0700, Sammy Lao wrote:
data-win-bind="textContent: from.name">Colin McGregor</span> <<span
data-win-bind="textContent: from.email">colin.mc151@...</span>><br>
data-win-bind="textContent: receivedDate
Yahoo.Mail.Presentation.Draft.formatOriginalSentDate">‎Thu, ‎Apr‎ ‎25‎, ‎2013 at
‎5‎:‎20‎ ‎PM</span><br>
data-win-bind="innerHTML: to
data-win-bind="textContent: subject">Re: [TLUG]: ReleasePartyWheezy</span><br>
Yahoo.Mail.Presentation.Filters.cssSandboxing"><div id="msgSandbox" style="padding: 1.5em
0.5em 0.5em 1.2em; -ms-word-wrap: break-word;">On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 5:13 PM,
class="yshortcuts" id="lw_1366925154_0">Ubuntu</span> Release Party today in Toronto?<br>> We can
Wheezy<br>> (<a href="http://bits.debian.org/2013/04/release-date.html"
target="_blank"><span class="yshortcuts"

--<br>> The Toronto Linux Users Group.      Meetings: <a href="http://gtalug.org/"
target="_blank"><span class="yshortcuts"
target="_blank"><span class="yshortcuts"
Linux Users Group.      Meetings: <a href="http://gtalug.org/"
target="_blank">http://gtalug.org/</a><br>TLUG requests: Linux topics, No HTML, wrap text below 80

That looks suspiciously like HTML, with lines longer than 80 characters.

Len Sorensen

self_same_self | 26 Apr 00:08 2013
Picon

Re: : ReleasePartyWheezy

Sorry,

Funny enough, I am in the process of switching to Windows 8 and yahoo mail on my mini laptop. It doesn’t look like that the yahoo mail app for windows 8 let me switch to plain text.

Does using the mail app for windows 8 help?

Sent from Windows Mail

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 02:26:48PM -0700, Sammy Lao wrote:
That looks suspiciously like HTML, with lines longer than 80 characters.

--
Len Sorensen
--
The Toronto Linux Users Group.      Meetings: http://gtalug.org/
Colin McGregor | 30 Apr 19:19 2013
Picon

Re: : ReleasePartyWheezy

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 11:39 AM, Colin McGregor
<colin.mc151@...> wrote:
> Is there anyone in the GTA organizing a release party for the new
> Debian release Wheezy
> (http://bits.debian.org/2013/04/release-date.html)?
>
> If not is there anyone interested in helping to put together such a party?

To follow-up, I did ask if the spot that was used for the recent
Ubuntu release party would be an option, and the answer was no (they
are closed on Sunday). It was suggested that we look at C'est What
(where the Open Street Map people meet) and I haven't yet looked into
that. Other ideas?

Colin.

Giles Orr | 30 Apr 19:28 2013
Picon

Re: : ReleasePartyWheezy

<colin.mc151@...> wrote:
>> Is there anyone in the GTA organizing a release party for the new
>> Debian release Wheezy
>> (http://bits.debian.org/2013/04/release-date.html)?
>>
>> If not is there anyone interested in helping to put together such a party?
>
> To follow-up, I did ask if the spot that was used for the recent
> Ubuntu release party would be an option, and the answer was no (they
> are closed on Sunday). It was suggested that we look at C'est What
> (where the Open Street Map people meet) and I haven't yet looked into
> that. Other ideas?

C'est What has great beer and good food, but I have no idea about
their availability.  I would vote for them, but my vote shouldn't
carry much weight because I'm fairly sure I won't make the party.

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/

Colin McGregor | 1 May 03:29 2013
Picon

Re: : ReleasePartyWheezy

<colin.mc151@...> wrote:
>>> Is there anyone in the GTA organizing a release party for the new
>>> Debian release Wheezy
>>> (http://bits.debian.org/2013/04/release-date.html)?
>>>
>>> If not is there anyone interested in helping to put together such a party?
>>
>> To follow-up, I did ask if the spot that was used for the recent
>> Ubuntu release party would be an option, and the answer was no (they
>> are closed on Sunday). It was suggested that we look at C'est What
>> (where the Open Street Map people meet) and I haven't yet looked into
>> that. Other ideas?
>
> C'est What has great beer and good food, but I have no idea about
> their availability.  I would vote for them, but my vote shouldn't
> carry much weight because I'm fairly sure I won't make the party.

This afternoon I was in at C'est What (67 Front Street East near
Church), and reserved a space in the south east corner of the pub May
5th from 6:00 PM on until whenever. I've put up a note about this on
the Debian wiki.

For those who don't follow Debian releases it should be noted that
unlike Ubuntu, who do a release every 6 months, the last time there
was a full new Debian release was February 6th, 2011. So, a new
release is hardly an every day event...

Colin McGregor

> --
> Giles
> http://www.gilesorr.com/
> gilesorr@...

William Park | 4 May 22:43 2013
Picon

Re: : ReleasePartyWheezy

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 09:29:53PM -0400, Colin McGregor wrote:
> This afternoon I was in at C'est What (67 Front Street East near
> Church), and reserved a space in the south east corner of the pub May
> 5th from 6:00 PM on until whenever. I've put up a note about this on
> the Debian wiki.
>
> For those who don't follow Debian releases it should be noted that
> unlike Ubuntu, who do a release every 6 months, the last time there
> was a full new Debian release was February 6th, 2011. So, a new
> release is hardly an every day event...

How is the parking?  Their website and Google map don't say anything
about that!

William

Sammy Lao | 5 May 00:04 2013
Picon

Re: : ReleasePartyWheezy

There is on street parking right on Front Street. But they are pretty busy.
There is a loblaws nearby that has paid parking.
A green P Parking just one street south of C'est What on the Esplande.
It's probably a little cheaper if you took transit there. The walk from Union station is less than 10 minutes.