mediawiki on freebsd?

Hey all,

I am thinking about adding mediawiki to the freebsd ports. Does anybody
on the list have experience installing mediawiki on freebsd "by hand"?
I'd like to get your input on things to watch out for.

Jim Vanderveen (CSUS Water Programs) <jim.vanderveen@...>
IT Administrator, Water Programs, Cal State Univ Sacramento
PGP/GPG key id: 4F449230 <http://www.owp.csus.edu/~vanderveenj/pgp/>
Fingerprint: 01D3 F3A7 CA0D 75A3 887B  B787 8A15 EBE2 4F44 9230
Brion Vibber | 2 Feb 05:14 2004
Picon

Re: mediawiki on freebsd?

On Feb 1, 2004, at 19:54, Jim Vanderveen, IT Administrator wrote:
> I am thinking about adding mediawiki to the freebsd ports. Does anybody
> on the list have experience installing mediawiki on freebsd "by hand"?
> I'd like to get your input on things to watch out for.

I run MediaWiki on my test box running FreeBSD 5.2. Some pointers:
http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Running_MediaWiki_on_FreeBSD

-- brion vibber (brion  <at>  pobox.com)