Chris Croome | 5 Feb 14:10 2004
Picon

Re: Changing the $wgSitename with the MediaWiki namespace enabled

Hi

On Thu 05-Feb-2004 at 11:22:14AM +0000, Chris Croome wrote:

> If the MediaWiki namespace stuff is not enabled than changing the
> site name is simply a metter of editing LocalSettings.php and
> changing $wgSitename.
>
> However if $wgUseDatabaseMessages is set to true then I can't see
> how to change $wgSitename -- several people tried to help with
> this on the IRC channel yesterday we didn't get anywhere.

OK, the problem seems to be mostly my confustion :-)

If $wgUseDatabaseMessages is set to true and you need to change the
$wgSitename after an install you need to edit quite a lot of the
strings listed here in order to get rid of the old title:

  http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meta:MediaWiki_namespace_text

I think that is the answer :-)

Chris

Chris Croome                               <chris@...>
Timwi | 6 Feb 23:25 2004

Chris Croome wrote:

> If $wgUseDatabaseMessages is set to true and you need to change the
> $wgSitename after an install you need to edit quite a lot of the
> strings listed here in order to get rid of the old title:
>
>   http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meta:MediaWiki_namespace_text

Yes, I had that same "problem" and I had to change them all manually.

I wonder if there is an SQL query that can do this sort of thing.

Timwi

Gmane