Platonides | 1 Mar 02:28 2009
Picon

Re: Redesign of media for my thesis

Adam Meyer wrote:
> Hey guys.
> For my thesis project I am doing a ground up redesign of mediawiki's
> interaction. (blue prints, not construction)
>
> Ill be looking at how people use it, from a user / contributer /
> administrator role and how we can help make it batter and easier.
>
>  From the many wikis I have run, It seems most people are afraid to
> edit/ contribute to it because it is so complicated. (or seems so)
>
> Would anyone be interested in talking to me about what they do/don't
> like, and what they have a hard time with as an administrator?
> Also what your users have issues with.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Adam Meyer
> ameyer <at> g.risd.edu
>
> Industrial + Interaction Designer
> http://www.adam-meyer.com

Any such responses would be interesting for the Usability Initiative too
http://usability.wikimedia.org/
sebastien bracq | 1 Mar 13:57 2009
Picon

Re: Redesign of media for my thesis

yesmaybemostpeaplesdon'careaboutfillininformationsinmediawiki
manyjustreadwhentheiy'reaskedsomeonetoread
> To: mediawiki-l <at> lists.wikimedia.org
> From: Platonides <at> gmail.com
> Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 02:28:31 +0100
> Subject: Re: [Mediawiki-l] Redesign of media for my thesis
>
> Adam Meyer wrote:
> > Hey guys.
> > For my thesis project I am doing a ground up redesign of mediawiki's
> > interaction. (blue prints, not construction)
> >
> > Ill be looking at how people use it, from a user / contributer /
> > administrator role and how we can help make it batter and easier.
> >
> >  From the many wikis I have run, It seems most people are afraid to
> > edit/ contribute to it because it is so complicated. (or seems so)
> >
> > Would anyone be interested in talking to me about what they do/don't
> > like, and what they have a hard time with as an administrator?
> > Also what your users have issues with.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Adam Meyer
> > ameyer <at> g.risd.edu
> >
> > Industrial + Interaction Designer
> > http://www.adam-meyer.com
(Continue reading)

sebastien bracq | 1 Mar 14:02 2009
Picon

Re: Redesign of media for my thesis

maybetheproblemissomedeleteeditsinwiikipediawhentheyoccurandidnotacademical
soinformationhasnotimetoleaveanddoesnotreachhisgoaltoinform

> To: mediawiki-l <at> lists.wikimedia.org
> From: Platonides <at> gmail.com
> Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 02:28:31 +0100
> Subject: Re: [Mediawiki-l] Redesign of media for my thesis
>
> Adam Meyer wrote:
> > Hey guys.
> > For my thesis project I am doing a ground up redesign of mediawiki's
> > interaction. (blue prints, not construction)
> >
> > Ill be looking at how people use it, from a user / contributer /
> > administrator role and how we can help make it batter and easier.
> >
> >  From the many wikis I have run, It seems most people are afraid to
> > edit/ contribute to it because it is so complicated. (or seems so)
> >
> > Would anyone be interested in talking to me about what they do/don't
> > like, and what they have a hard time with as an administrator?
> > Also what your users have issues with.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Adam Meyer
> > ameyer <at> g.risd.edu
> >
> > Industrial + Interaction Designer
(Continue reading)

Adam Meyer | 2 Mar 19:22 2009
Picon

Re: Redesign of media for my thesis

Thanks..
The full report/presentation will be completely available at the end.

> Any such responses would be interesting for the Usability Initiative
> too
> http://usability.wikimedia.org/

Gmane