Henny Savenije | 3 Jun 01:46 2009
Picon

Re: High Availability mediawiki

No but if you have two servers and on both servers the wiki is under
the same domain name the only thing you have to do is regularly copy
all the files and databases to the other server (not in use) if one
goes down you will have to change the name servers at the registrar.

Technically it would be possible to have two identical wiki's on two
different domains on two different servers, but that would be a similar story.

You could use this program to backup and ftp the files to the other
server automatically
http://www.mysqldumper.de/en/

And of course you will have to make some cronjobs to copy files from
one server to the other. (wget, pack, unpack etc backup on one server
and restore on the other)