K. Peachey | 1 Mar 02:36 2010
Picon

Re: list interwiki/interlanguage links?

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 11:05 AM, Thomas Gries <mail <at> tgries.de> wrote:
> I would like to use the opportunity to suggest that such a SpecialPage
> as in [1] becomes part of MediaWiki and all Wikipedias implementations.
>
> [1] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:SpecialInterwiki
The Interwiki feature isn't really enabled used in default MW
installations. Perhaps try get conseus for it to be enabled on one of
the WMF wikis (for example: en.wiki), once consenus has been archieved
send onto bugzilla where it will get a security reviewed, committed to
WMF SVN (if its not already), security review fixes + patches fixed,
and then enabled.

Once it is enabled on one and showen to be working it would be alot
easier to get consenus for it to be pushed out for all WMF installs.
David Gerard | 1 Mar 02:50 2010

On 1 March 2010 01:36, K. Peachey <p858snake <at> yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> The Interwiki feature isn't really enabled used in default MW
> installations.

Are you sure about that? I thought that's how doing [[wikipedia:foo]]
in default-out-the-tarball intranet wikis worked at all.

- d.
K. Peachey | 1 Mar 06:40 2010

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 11:50 AM, David Gerard <dgerard <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1 March 2010 01:36, K. Peachey <p858snake <at> yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>
>> The Interwiki feature isn't really enabled used in default MW
>> installations.
>

> Are you sure about that? I thought that's how doing [[wikipedia:foo]]
> in default-out-the-tarball intranet wikis worked at all.
The basic stuff is, and i doubt and even know about the more adavnced
stuff that can be done with it.
K. Peachey | 1 Mar 06:42 2010

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 3:40 PM, K. Peachey <p858snake <at> yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 11:50 AM, David Gerard <dgerard <at> gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 1 March 2010 01:36, K. Peachey <p858snake <at> yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>>
>>> The Interwiki feature isn't really enabled used in default MW
>>> installations.
>>

>> Are you sure about that? I thought that's how doing [[wikipedia:foo]]
>> in default-out-the-tarball intranet wikis worked at all.
> The basic stuff is, and i doubt and even know about the more adavnced
> stuff that can be done with it.

And i reliazed that I was talking about something else, so don't pay
attention to my crazied ramblings (or shocking spelling since I can't
use firefox where I'm currently located).
Chad | 1 Mar 11:18 2010

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 8:50 PM, David Gerard <dgerard <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1 March 2010 01:36, K. Peachey <p858snake <at> yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>
>> The Interwiki feature isn't really enabled used in default MW
>> installations.
>

> Are you sure about that? I thought that's how doing [[wikipedia:foo]]
> in default-out-the-tarball intranet wikis worked at all.
>

> - d.

There's no default special page for it. We inject a bunch of "useful"
interwiki links at installation. See ~/maintenance/interwiki.sql

-Chad
David Gerard | 1 Mar 12:55 2010

On 1 March 2010 10:18, Chad <innocentkiller <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 8:50 PM, David Gerard <dgerard <at> gmail.com> wrote:

>> Are you sure about that? I thought that's how doing [[wikipedia:foo]]
>> in default-out-the-tarball intranet wikis worked at all.

> There's no default special page for it. We inject a bunch of "useful"
> interwiki links at installation. See ~/maintenance/interwiki.sql

Ah, I thought it'd be MediaWiki: space text or something. This is what
I get for not actually looking.

- d.

Gmane