David Gerard | 1 Mar 02:50 2010
Picon

Re: list interwiki/interlanguage links?

On 1 March 2010 01:36, K. Peachey <p858snake <at> yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> The Interwiki feature isn't really enabled used in default MW
> installations.

Are you sure about that? I thought that's how doing [[wikipedia:foo]]
in default-out-the-tarball intranet wikis worked at all.

- d.
K. Peachey | 1 Mar 06:40 2010

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 11:50 AM, David Gerard <dgerard <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1 March 2010 01:36, K. Peachey <p858snake <at> yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>
>> The Interwiki feature isn't really enabled used in default MW
>> installations.
>

> Are you sure about that? I thought that's how doing [[wikipedia:foo]]
> in default-out-the-tarball intranet wikis worked at all.
The basic stuff is, and i doubt and even know about the more adavnced
stuff that can be done with it.
K. Peachey | 1 Mar 06:42 2010

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 3:40 PM, K. Peachey <p858snake <at> yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 11:50 AM, David Gerard <dgerard <at> gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 1 March 2010 01:36, K. Peachey <p858snake <at> yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>>
>>> The Interwiki feature isn't really enabled used in default MW
>>> installations.
>>

>> Are you sure about that? I thought that's how doing [[wikipedia:foo]]
>> in default-out-the-tarball intranet wikis worked at all.
> The basic stuff is, and i doubt and even know about the more adavnced
> stuff that can be done with it.

And i reliazed that I was talking about something else, so don't pay
attention to my crazied ramblings (or shocking spelling since I can't
use firefox where I'm currently located).
Chad | 1 Mar 11:18 2010

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 8:50 PM, David Gerard <dgerard <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1 March 2010 01:36, K. Peachey <p858snake <at> yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>
>> The Interwiki feature isn't really enabled used in default MW
>> installations.
>

> Are you sure about that? I thought that's how doing [[wikipedia:foo]]
> in default-out-the-tarball intranet wikis worked at all.
>

> - d.

There's no default special page for it. We inject a bunch of "useful"
interwiki links at installation. See ~/maintenance/interwiki.sql

-Chad
David Gerard | 1 Mar 12:55 2010

On 1 March 2010 10:18, Chad <innocentkiller <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 8:50 PM, David Gerard <dgerard <at> gmail.com> wrote:

>> Are you sure about that? I thought that's how doing [[wikipedia:foo]]
>> in default-out-the-tarball intranet wikis worked at all.

> There's no default special page for it. We inject a bunch of "useful"
> interwiki links at installation. See ~/maintenance/interwiki.sql

Ah, I thought it'd be MediaWiki: space text or something. This is what
I get for not actually looking.

- d.

Gmane