Mark Eriksen | 1 Mar 04:01 2010
Picon

db creation

Hi!

I'm supposed to turn an existing MVC style site, about 20000 pages, into
a mediawiki.

I am hoping I can just do some straight forward writing of data into
the SQL database.  But before I bother to investigate,  I thought it
worthwhile to ask here about possible docs or advice on this, since
the MW db diagram from the site is totally meaningless/useless to me
-- I would rather just hack away at whatever tables I can find, etc. --
and saw nothing obvious on line.

Anyway, I understand the MW mark-up and would really really like to
just take the existing db, translate it into MW pages, and store it
appropriately.  Any thoughts are appreciated.
Mark Wonsil | 1 Mar 04:13 2010

Re: db creation

> I'm supposed to turn an existing MVC style site, about 20000 pages, into
> a mediawiki.
>
> I am hoping I can just do some straight forward writing of data into
> the SQL database.  But before I bother to investigate,  I thought it
> worthwhile to ask here about possible docs or advice on this, since
> the MW db diagram from the site is totally meaningless/useless to me
> -- I would rather just hack away at whatever tables I can find, etc. --
> and saw nothing obvious on line.
>
> Anyway, I understand the MW mark-up and would really really like to
> just take the existing db, translate it into MW pages, and store it
> appropriately.  Any thoughts are appreciated.

Have you looked at the API?

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php
Mark Eriksen | 1 Mar 14:16 2010
Picon

Re: db creation

Mark Wonsil wrote:
>> Anyway, I understand the MW mark-up and would really really like to
>> just take the existing db, translate it into MW pages, and store it
>> appropriately. ?Any thoughts are appreciated.
>Have you looked at the API?
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php

That will be even easier then! Thanks much, this is EXACTLY what I was
looking for.

Gmane