Daniel Bishop | 1 Oct 18:05 2010
Picon

Re: Escaping highlighting tags

Hi David,

Is there a specific reason why you don't want the syntax highlighting on the
template page?  If not, I would suggest leaving out the includeonly tags
entirely and just letting the source tag do its thing.

If there is, you might try putting <noinclude></noinclude> in the middle of
the source tag (to "break" it in the template), but I'm not entirely certain
that will work either.

Certainly the easiest, and most reliable, way is to just let the tags
resolve on the template page.

Regards,
Daniel

On 1 October 2010 16:58, David Doria <daviddoria <at> gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the quick reply Daniel. Sorry, the nowiki tags were there as a
> result of my experimenting. I replaced them with includeonly tags but you
> can see the result is now different but still not correct.
> Any more ideas?
>
> David
>  On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 11:53 AM, Daniel Bishop <aerosatar <at> gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Take the <nowiki></nowiki> tags out of your template. If you don't want
(Continue reading)

David Doria | 1 Oct 18:09 2010
Picon

Re: Escaping highlighting tags

I am not trying to do anything special - I just want the "easy, reliable"
way to work :) I have removed all the tags (this is what I tried at the very
beginning) and you can see that the template is not completed (the {{{ }}}}
is visible on the UseCMakeListsTemplate page). See what I mean?

Thanks,

David

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 12:05 PM, Daniel Bishop <aerosatar <at> gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Is there a specific reason why you don't want the syntax highlighting on
> the
> template page?  If not, I would suggest leaving out the includeonly tags
> entirely and just letting the source tag do its thing.
>
> If there is, you might try putting <noinclude></noinclude> in the middle of
> the source tag (to "break" it in the template), but I'm not entirely
> certain
> that will work either.
>
> Certainly the easiest, and most reliable, way is to just let the tags
> resolve on the template page.
>
> Regards,
> Daniel
>
> On 1 October 2010 16:58, David Doria <daviddoria <at> gmail.com> wrote:
(Continue reading)

Daniel Bishop | 1 Oct 18:59 2010
Picon

Re: Escaping highlighting tags

Hi David,

Ok, a couple of questions.

1) Do you have the latest version of the extension? (available at
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:SyntaxHighlight_GeSHi)

2) Have you tried using the <syntaxhighlight> tag, as the extension's
documentation states that the <source> tag is deprecated.

Regards,
Daniel

-----Original Message-----
From: mediawiki-l-bounces <at> lists.wikimedia.org
[mailto:mediawiki-l-bounces <at> lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of David Doria
Sent: 01 October 2010 17:10
To: MediaWiki announcements and site admin list
Subject: Re: [Mediawiki-l] Escaping highlighting tags

I am not trying to do anything special - I just want the "easy, reliable"
way to work :) I have removed all the tags (this is what I tried at the very
beginning) and you can see that the template is not completed (the {{{ }}}}
is visible on the UseCMakeListsTemplate page). See what I mean?

Thanks,

David

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 12:05 PM, Daniel Bishop <aerosatar <at> gmail.com> wrote:
(Continue reading)

David Doria | 3 Nov 14:35 2010
Picon

Re: Escaping highlighting tags

Hi Daniel,

My system admin installed the latest version of GeSHi so I can now replace
my <source> tags with <syntaxhighlight> tags. However, I'm having the same
problem:

Here is the template: http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Template:VTKCMakeLists
<http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Template:VTKCMakeLists>And the attempted usage:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Sandbox

<http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Sandbox>Any ideas why the template {{{1}}} does
not get replaced, but rather is just displayed as {{{1}}}?

Thanks,

David

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 12:59 PM, Daniel Bishop <aerosatar <at> gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Ok, a couple of questions.
>
> 1) Do you have the latest version of the extension? (available at
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:SyntaxHighlight_GeSHi)
>
> 2) Have you tried using the <syntaxhighlight> tag, as the extension's
> documentation states that the <source> tag is deprecated.
>
> Regards,
(Continue reading)

Platonides | 3 Nov 22:13 2010
Picon

Re: Escaping highlighting tags

David Doria wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
> 
> My system admin installed the latest version of GeSHi so I can now replace
> my <source> tags with <syntaxhighlight> tags. However, I'm having the same
> problem:
> 
> Here is the template: http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Template:VTKCMakeLists
> <http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Template:VTKCMakeLists>And the attempted usage:
> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Sandbox
> 
> <http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Sandbox>Any ideas why the template {{{1}}} does
> not get replaced, but rather is just displayed as {{{1}}}?
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> David

Because it is a function tag instead of a parser function.
{{#tag:syntaxhighlight|{{{1}}} }} would do it, but I'm not sure if
lang="cmake" can be provided that way.
David Doria | 4 Nov 01:01 2010
Picon

Re: Escaping highlighting tags

I don't understand where to put that {{#tag:syntaxhighlight|{{{1}}} }} ? I
tried replacing a {{{1}}} with it, but it is just displayed as the {{{1}}}
was before:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Template:VTKCMakeLists

Thanks,

David

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 5:13 PM, Platonides <Platonides <at> gmail.com> wrote:

> David Doria wrote:
> > Hi Daniel,
> >
> > My system admin installed the latest version of GeSHi so I can now
> replace
> > my <source> tags with <syntaxhighlight> tags. However, I'm having the
> same
> > problem:
> >
> > Here is the template: http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Template:VTKCMakeLists
> > <http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Template:VTKCMakeLists>And the attempted usage:
> > http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Sandbox
> >
> > <http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Sandbox>Any ideas why the template {{{1}}}
> does
> > not get replaced, but rather is just displayed as {{{1}}}?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
(Continue reading)

K. Peachey | 4 Nov 01:06 2010
Picon

Re: Escaping highlighting tags

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 7:13 AM, Platonides <Platonides <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> Because it is a function tag instead of a parser function.
> {{#tag:syntaxhighlight|{{{1}}} }} would do it, but I'm not sure if
> lang="cmake" can be provided that way.
Yes, {{#tag:source|{{{2}}}|lang={{{1}}}}}.

Revelant bug report is here:
https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=25547

-peachey
David Doria | 4 Nov 02:50 2010
Picon

Re: Escaping highlighting tags

Hm, but I don't need the paramter to be inside the <> of the tag (like this
: <source lang="{{{1}}}). Instead, I just need

<source lang="cmake">
{{{1}}}
</source>

It sounded like this should work?

David

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 8:06 PM, K. Peachey <p858snake <at> yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 7:13 AM, Platonides <Platonides <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> > Because it is a function tag instead of a parser function.
> > {{#tag:syntaxhighlight|{{{1}}} }} would do it, but I'm not sure if
> > lang="cmake" can be provided that way.
> Yes, {{#tag:source|{{{2}}}|lang={{{1}}}}}.
>
> Revelant bug report is here:
> https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=25547
>
> -peachey
>
> _______________________________________________
> MediaWiki-l mailing list
> MediaWiki-l <at> lists.wikimedia.org
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
>
(Continue reading)

K. Peachey | 4 Nov 06:38 2010
Picon

Re: Escaping highlighting tags

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 11:50 AM, David Doria <daviddoria <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> Hm, but I don't need the paramter to be inside the <> of the tag (like this
> : <source lang="{{{1}}}). Instead, I just need
>
> <source lang="cmake">
> {{{1}}}
> </source>
>
> It sounded like this should work?
>
> David
you would do "{{#tag:source|{{{1}}}|lang=cmake}}" then.
-Peachey
David Doria | 4 Nov 12:58 2010
Picon

Re: Escaping highlighting tags

It still doesn't do anything:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Template:VTKCMakeLists
<http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Template:VTKCMakeLists>
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Sandbox/UseCMakeListsTemplate

Also, what about if I want
<http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Sandbox/UseCMakeListsTemplate><source
lang="cmake">
something {{{1}}} something else
</source>

I don't understand the syntax of the #tag.

Thanks,

David

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 1:38 AM, K. Peachey <p858snake <at> yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 11:50 AM, David Doria <daviddoria <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hm, but I don't need the paramter to be inside the <> of the tag (like
> this
> > : <source lang="{{{1}}}). Instead, I just need
> >
> > <source lang="cmake">
> > {{{1}}}
> > </source>
> >
> > It sounded like this should work?
> >
(Continue reading)

David Doria | 4 Nov 15:52 2010
Picon

Re: Escaping highlighting tags

BesuglovS explained the solution on the wiki. The template must look like this:

{{#tag:syntaxhighlight
|
PROJECT({{{1}}})

ADD_EXECUTABLE({{{1}}} {{{1}}}.cxx)

|lang=cmake}}

Thanks all!

David

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 7:58 AM, David Doria <daviddoria <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> It still doesn't do anything:
> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Template:VTKCMakeLists
> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Sandbox/UseCMakeListsTemplate
> Also, what about if I want
> <source lang="cmake">
> something {{{1}}} something else
> </source>
> I don't understand the syntax of the #tag.
> Thanks,
>
> David
>
>
> On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 1:38 AM, K. Peachey <p858snake <at> yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>>
(Continue reading)


Gmane