Dan Ports | 11 Nov 20:41 2010

Re: creating MacTeX links to MacPorts TeXLive

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 02:21:53PM -0500, Faisal Moledina wrote:
> I edited the relevant section of the MacTeX postflight script:
> http://pastie.org/1290673 . It seems fine to me but if there are any
> glaring typos in the ln -s lines referring to directories in
> /opt/local, let me know soon. I'll work with Richard to figure out how
> to test this on my machine (not really familiar with OS X packages and
> postflight scripts).

You should use /opt/local/libexec/texlive/texbin instead of
/opt/local/libexec/texlive/binaries, as that's the one I made for that
purpose.

And you probably want to symlink /opt/local/var/db/texmf and
/opt/local/etc/texmf into AllTexmf too.

Other than that, it seems reasonable to me, but I really don't know
anything about how MacTeX sets up its symlinks.

Dan

Dan R. K. Ports              MIT CSAIL                http://drkp.net/
Faisal Moledina | 11 Nov 21:14 2010
Picon

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 2:41 PM, Dan Ports <dports <at> macports.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 02:21:53PM -0500, Faisal Moledina wrote:
>> I edited the relevant section of the MacTeX postflight script:
>> http://pastie.org/1290673 . It seems fine to me but if there are any
>> glaring typos in the ln -s lines referring to directories in
>> /opt/local, let me know soon. I'll work with Richard to figure out how
>> to test this on my machine (not really familiar with OS X packages and
>> postflight scripts).
>
> You should use /opt/local/libexec/texlive/texbin instead of
> /opt/local/libexec/texlive/binaries, as that's the one I made for that
> purpose.

That makes a lot more sense.

> And you probably want to symlink /opt/local/var/db/texmf and
> /opt/local/etc/texmf into AllTexmf too.

Sure thing. Thanks.

Faisal

Gmane