Mike Tancsa | 12 Feb 19:51 2013
Picon

USB 3 stick

Hi,

I picked up a Zalman USB 3.0 flash stick that has problems if its
connected at boot time. If I reboot the box with the stick plugged in
(RELENG_9 from Feb 11), I get the errors below.

xhci_do_command: Command timeout!
usb_alloc_device: set address 2 failed (USB_ERR_TIMEOUT, ignored)
xhci_do_command: Command timeout!
xhci_do_command: Command timeout!
xhci_do_command: Command timeout!
ugen0.2: <vendor 0x8087> at usbus0
uhub3: <vendor 0x8087 product 0x0024, class 9/0, rev 2.00/0.00, addr 2>
on usbus0
ugen2.2: <vendor 0x8087> at usbus2
uhub4: <vendor 0x8087 product 0x0024, class 9/0, rev 2.00/0.00, addr 2>
on usbus2
xhci_do_command: Command timeout!
Root mount waiting for: usbus2 usbus1 usbus0
xhci_do_command: Command timeout!
xhci_do_command: Command timeout!
xhci_do_command: Command timeout!
xhci_do_command: Command timeout!
xhci_do_command: Command timeout!
Root mount waiting for: usbus1
xhci_do_command: Command timeout!
xhci_do_command: Command timeout!
usbd_req_re_enumerate: addr=2, set address failed! (USB_ERR_TIMEOUT,
(Continue reading)

Hans Petter Selasky | 13 Feb 09:17 2013
X-Face
Picon

Re: USB 3 stick

On Tuesday 12 February 2013 19:51:44 Mike Tancsa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I picked up a Zalman USB 3.0 flash stick that has problems if its
> connected at boot time. If I reboot the box with the stick plugged in
> (RELENG_9 from Feb 11), I get the errors below.
>

> If I boot up the box and then plug the stick into the 3.0 port, it works
> as expected.

Have you tried playing with BIOS USB 3.0 settings?

--HPS
Mike Tancsa | 13 Feb 13:31 2013
Picon

Re: USB 3 stick

On 2/13/2013 3:17 AM, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

>> If I boot up the box and then plug the stick into the 3.0 port, it works
>> as expected.
>
> Have you tried playing with BIOS USB 3.0 settings?

Hi,
	There are not really any options to set other than enable or disable or
legacy mode or not.  I will try disabling legacy mode and see what
happens.  I did upgrade it to the latest version of the BIOS as well.

	---Mike

Mike Tancsa, tel +1 519 651 3400
Sentex Communications, mike <at> sentex.net
Providing Internet services since 1994 www.sentex.net
Cambridge, Ontario Canada   http://www.tancsa.com/

Gmane