Rui Paulo | 22 Sep 19:23 2010
Picon

HEADS UP: instability on stable/8

Hi,
While I'm merging the userland DTrace bits to stable/8 you might experience some instability if you use
DTrace. If you use DTrace, I suggest you don't try to upgrade during the next 5 days.

Thanks for your patience,
--
Rui Paulo

jhell | 23 Sep 03:44 2010
Picon

Re: HEADS UP: instability on stable/8

On 09/22/2010 13:23, Rui Paulo wrote:
> Hi, While I'm merging the userland DTrace bits to stable/8 you might
> experience some instability if you use DTrace. If you use DTrace, I
> suggest you don't try to upgrade during the next 5 days.
>
> Thanks for your patience, -- Rui Paulo

Thank you Rui this is much appreciated. If there is a specific version
when you start those commits could that be noted as well on this thread ?

Thanks again,

 jhell,v
Rui Paulo | 23 Sep 08:24 2010

On 23 Sep 2010, at 02:44, jhell wrote:

> On 09/22/2010 13:23, Rui Paulo wrote:
>> Hi, While I'm merging the userland DTrace bits to stable/8 you might
>> experience some instability if you use DTrace. If you use DTrace, I
>> suggest you don't try to upgrade during the next 5 days.
>>
>> Thanks for your patience, -- Rui Paulo
>>

> Thank you Rui this is much appreciated. If there is a specific version
> when you start those commits could that be noted as well on this thread ?

I haven't merged anything yet because I'm stuck with a technical discussion about whether or not one
particular change (not DTrace related) breaks KBI.

I'll let you know when I start merging things.

Rui Paulo