Garrett Cooper | 14 Dec 00:23 2011
Picon

FreeNAS 8.0.3-BETA2 available!

Hi all,
    Due to a few glitches found after the 8.0.3-BETA1 build (mostly
importing build fixes from trunk), I've quickly released 8.0.3-BETA2
for public consumption.
    If all goes well, I'll wrap this up into 8.0.3-BETA3 -- which will
contain a few more minor requested changes (implement anonymous
binding with ldap, update nut), and call it a RC1.
Thanks!
-Garrett

Systems Optimization Self Assessment
Improve efficiency and utilization of IT resources. Drive out cost and
improve service delivery. Take 5 minutes to use this Systems Optimization
Self Assessment. http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sdnl/114/51450054/
Garrett Cooper | 14 Dec 00:28 2011
Picon

Re: FreeNAS 8.0.3-BETA2 available!

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 3:23 PM, Garrett Cooper <yanegomi@...> wrote:
> Hi all,
>    Due to a few glitches found after the 8.0.3-BETA1 build (mostly
> importing build fixes from trunk), I've quickly released 8.0.3-BETA2
> for public consumption.
>    If all goes well, I'll wrap this up into 8.0.3-BETA3 -- which will
> contain a few more minor requested changes (implement anonymous
> binding with ldap, update nut), and call it a RC1.

    As a followup to the BETA1 email, the AD integration issue is a
bit more difficult to resolve than I originally thought (I've been
distracted from completing the fix, which requires refactoring some
Samba rc.d scripts), so it should be available in 8.2, but it most
likely won't be available in 8.0.3.
    Also, the netatalk interoperability issues have been verified
fixed from my end on both Snow Leopard and Lion -- minus the avahi
'bad hostname' advertising issue noted here:
http://support.freenas.org/ticket/1044 .
Thanks,
-Garrett

Systems Optimization Self Assessment
Improve efficiency and utilization of IT resources. Drive out cost and
improve service delivery. Take 5 minutes to use this Systems Optimization
Self Assessment. http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sdnl/114/51450054/
Garrett Cooper | 22 Dec 06:43 2011
Picon

Re: FreeNAS 8.0.3-BETA2 available!

Hi all,
    FreeNAS 8.0.3-RC1 was posted to SourceForge last night, following
the feedback I received on the FreeNAS forums. This contains updated
UPS support via NUT, some other critical bugfixes related to zfs scrub
where it will execute every 35 days as opposed to every 30 days (to
ensure determinism and better ensure that scrubs are run on the
weekend), an automatic snapshot anti-deadlock bugfix, the x86/x64
rebranding enhancement, and more!
    Feel free to download the release, but take note the Release Notes
suggesting that users with certain motherboards (e.g. Intel 82578DC)
might need to update their firmware if they encounter boot hangs.
    I'll be posting a semi-official multimedia 'sneak preview' image
that contains the DLNA/DAAP/Torrent support missing from 8.0.1/8.0.2
release sometime before the new year if all goes well with the
release. Please note that the image won't contain plugin support, so
you'll need to follow the HOWTOs contained in the following links:
[1], [2], [3] ; plugin support's most likely due to come sometime
after the new year.
    Feel free to get in touch with jpaetzel or me on the forums or
#freenas if you have any questions or concerns.
Thanks!
-Garrett

1. http://forums.freenas.org/showthread.php?2615-Setting-up-uPnP-with-minidlna-on-the-freenas-nightlies-post-09-25-2011
2. http://forums.freenas.org/showthread.php?2598-Setting-up-daapd-with-Firefly-on-the-freenas-nightlies-post-09-25-2011