pete.goodeve | 2 Jan 08:19 2011
Picon

Re: System Rebuild strangeness

On Sat, Jan 01, 2011 at 03:52:29PM -0500, Rene Gollent wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 2:34 PM, John Scipione <jscipione@...> wrote:
> > Judging from the error message I think that this change might be to blame.
> > http://dev.haiku-os.org/changeset/40053
>
> That change has nothing whatsoever to do with Pete's problem based on
> timestamps alone. Chances are the patches he applied changed something
> which the build system didn't detect/handle properly so some objects
> are mismatched now. Simplest solution would probably be a jam clean
> and then try building again.

Thanks.  Yes, that's what I did in the end, and it worked... eventually.
Unfortunately the first rebuild after the clean KDL'd (!), and then the
next build failed in sort of the same way as the the one that had trouble
before, but in a different place.  One more clean and rebuild got it all
the way through, though.

Cheers,
	-- Pete --

Ingo Weinhold | 2 Jan 14:29 2011

On 2011-01-02 at 08:19:03 [+0100], pete.goodeve@... wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 01, 2011 at 03:52:29PM -0500, Rene Gollent wrote:
> > On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 2:34 PM, John Scipione <jscipione@...> wrote:
> > > Judging from the error message I think that this change might be to
> > > blame.
> > > http://dev.haiku-os.org/changeset/40053
> >
> > That change has nothing whatsoever to do with Pete's problem based on
> > timestamps alone. Chances are the patches he applied changed something
> > which the build system didn't detect/handle properly so some objects
> > are mismatched now. Simplest solution would probably be a jam clean
> > and then try building again.
>
> Thanks.  Yes, that's what I did in the end, and it worked... eventually.
> Unfortunately the first rebuild after the clean KDL'd (!), and then the
> next build failed in sort of the same way as the the one that had trouble
> before, but in a different place.  One more clean and rebuild got it all
> the way through, though.

Since building Haiku works fine for other people, that suggests your problems
are specific to your system, e.g. a corrupt file system or hardware/driver
issues.

CU, Ingo

Grzegorz Dąbrowski | 2 Jan 15:53 2011

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@...> wrote:
> Since building Haiku works fine for other people, that suggests your problems
> are specific to your system, e.g. a corrupt file system or hardware/driver
> issues.

I have similar issues from time to time. Sometimes reboot helps,
sometimes I have to remove objects.

Grzegorz Dąbrowski (kaliber)
http://tiltos.com
http://home.gna.org/pingwinek/

Travis D. Reed | 2 Jan 17:52 2011
Picon

Re: System Rebuild strangeness

In other news, I think the patch stopped working a few changesets ago:(
On Jan 2, 2011 8:54 AM, "Grzegorz Dąbrowski" <grzegorz.dabrowski-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold-Mmb7MZpHnFY@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > Since building Haiku works fine for other people, that suggests your problems
> > are specific to your system, e.g. a corrupt file system or hardware/driver
> > issues.
>
> I have similar issues from time to time. Sometimes reboot helps,
> sometimes I have to remove objects.
>
> --
> Grzegorz Dąbrowski (kaliber)
> http://tiltos.com