Mayuresh | 1 Jun 19:54 2013
Picon

xorg driver for Intel "3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller (rev 09)"

I have recently upgraded to hardware that contains a graphic controller
described in lspci as:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core
processor Graphics Controller (rev 09)

I have only the following x11 video driver packages installed:

xf86-video-intel-2.7.1nb6
(Tried upgrading this to latest in pkgsrc, though it seems it is not yet
stable in pkgsrc)

xf86-video-vesa-2.3.0nb1

From X11 log I find that it is not picking up intel driver and instead is
using the vesa driver.

Following is the relevant portion of the log:

 167 (II) LoadModule: "intel"
 168 (II) Loading /usr/pkg/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//intel_drv.so
 169 (II) Module intel: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
 170     compiled for 1.6.5, module version = 2.7.1
 171     Module class: X.Org Video Driver
 172     ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 5.0
 173 (II) LoadModule: "i810"
 174 (WW) Warning, couldn't open module i810
 175 (II) UnloadModule: "i810"
 176 (EE) Failed to load module "i810" (module does not exist, 0)