Sean Healy | 21 Oct 18:47 2011
Picon

Video on Eee 1015PE

Hi,

I can't get video to work on my new laptop. It works in safe mode at 
800x600. (My screen is 1024x600, so even in safe mode it looks distorted.)

Video worked just fine on my Eee 1000, which had the same resolution.

Anyone have any ideas?

(By the way, I installed Lubuntu (an Ubuntu derivative) 11.10 on the 
same machine, and it not only recognizes my BFS drives, but will even 
mount them. (Read-only, but it's a start; Lubuntu 11.04 didn't even 
recognize the partition type.)

Humdinger | 21 Oct 20:29 2011

Re: Video on Eee 1015PE

Hello Sean!

On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 18:47:16 +0200 you wrote:
> (By the way, I installed Lubuntu (an Ubuntu derivative) 11.10 on the 
> same machine, and it not only recognizes my BFS drives, but will even 
> mount them. (Read-only, but it's a start; Lubuntu 11.04 didn't even 
> recognize the partition type.)

You may have idefix to thank for that, see

http://www.haiku-os.org/articles/2011-01-26_getting_recognition_linux_part_one_recognizing_be_file_system
and
http://www.haiku-os.org/articles/2011-02-22_getting_recognition_linux_part_two_recognizing_haiku

Thanks idefix!

Regards,
Humdinger

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  Secure 1000 EUR for the Haiku Support Association
          vote 3x until 15th November 2011

          -> http://tinyurl.com/6xy8v6r <-

François Revol | 21 Oct 20:49 2011
Picon

Re: Video on Eee 1015PE

Le 21/10/2011 20:29, Humdinger a écrit :
> Hello Sean!
> 
> On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 18:47:16 +0200 you wrote:
>> (By the way, I installed Lubuntu (an Ubuntu derivative) 11.10 on the 
>> same machine, and it not only recognizes my BFS drives, but will even 
>> mount them. (Read-only, but it's a start; Lubuntu 11.04 didn't even 
>> recognize the partition type.)
> 
> You may have idefix to thank for that, see
> 
> http://www.haiku-os.org/articles/2011-01-26_getting_recognition_linux_part_one_recognizing_be_file_system
> and
> http://www.haiku-os.org/articles/2011-02-22_getting_recognition_linux_part_two_recognizing_haiku
> 

Yes the change I suggested to os-prober finally made it through...
Except os-prober won't detect Haiku anyway at install time because the
install-time kernel, at least on Debian, didn't check Ubuntu, doesn't
come with the befs.ko module...
So there is much more to do to get accepted by them...

François.

Jeroen Oortwijn | 22 Oct 17:39 2011
Picon

Re: Video on Eee 1015PE

On 21 October 2011 20:49, François Revol <revol@...> wrote:
> Le 21/10/2011 20:29, Humdinger a écrit :
>> On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 18:47:16 +0200 you wrote:
>>> (By the way, I installed Lubuntu (an Ubuntu derivative) 11.10 on the
>>> same machine, and it not only recognizes my BFS drives, but will even
>>> mount them. (Read-only, but it's a start; Lubuntu 11.04 didn't even
>>> recognize the partition type.)
>>
>> You may have idefix to thank for that, see
>>
>> http://www.haiku-os.org/articles/2011-01-26_getting_recognition_linux_part_one_recognizing_be_file_system
>> and
>> http://www.haiku-os.org/articles/2011-02-22_getting_recognition_linux_part_two_recognizing_haiku
>>
>
> Yes the change I suggested to os-prober finally made it through...
> Except os-prober won't detect Haiku anyway at install time because the
> install-time kernel, at least on Debian, didn't check Ubuntu, doesn't
> come with the befs.ko module...

Ubuntu's installer recognises Haiku. Only its partition editor doesn't
recognise the BFS partition, because libparted uses its own detection
mechanism. It's on my todo-list to make it also detect BFS.

There is also a bug when the installer installs Grub: it says it
failed installing the bootloader, while in fact it did install it just
fine (see http://launchpad.net/bugs/859008 ).

- Jeroen

(Continue reading)

Alexander von Gluck | 21 Oct 21:26 2011

Re: Video on Eee 1015PE

On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 18:47:16 +0200, Sean Healy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can't get video to work on my new laptop. It works in safe mode at
> 800x600. (My screen is 1024x600, so even in safe mode it looks
> distorted.)

 From what I see online, the 1015PN has an on-board Intel GMA 3150

You may be hitting https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/8001 which is being
investigated.

Thanks!
  -- Alex

Alexander von Gluck | 21 Oct 21:31 2011

Re: Video on Eee 1015PE

On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 14:26:27 -0500, Alexander von Gluck wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 18:47:16 +0200, Sean Healy wrote:
>> I can't get video to work on my new laptop. It works in safe mode at
>> 800x600. (My screen is 1024x600, so even in safe mode it looks
>> distorted.)
>
> From what I see online, the 1015PN has an on-board Intel GMA 3150

My mistake, this is the 1015PE.. looks to have a Nvidia Ion2 discreet 
GPU.

Your older eee most likely had an Intel chipset, newer Nvidia chipsets
aren't supported natively under Haiku yet.

    -- Alex

Jerry Babione | 22 Oct 02:47 2011
Picon

Re: Video on Eee 1015PE



On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 2:31 PM, Alexander von Gluck <kallisti5-NGMkFWcBjP5BDgjK7y7TUQ@public.gmane.org> wrote:
On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 14:26:27 -0500, Alexander von Gluck wrote:
On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 18:47:16 +0200, Sean Healy wrote:
I can't get video to work on my new laptop. It works in safe mode at
800x600. (My screen is 1024x600, so even in safe mode it looks
distorted.)

From what I see online, the 1015PN has an on-board Intel GMA 3150

My mistake, this is the 1015PE.. looks to have a Nvidia Ion2 discreet GPU.

Your older eee most likely had an Intel chipset, newer Nvidia chipsets
aren't supported natively under Haiku yet.

  -- Alex



I agree withe the previous posts. I wrote my video driver because the ESIA/ANSI drivers work but are distorted and my Matrox driven handheld.
--
Jerry Babione
Founder-Just Plain Folks Org. Inc.
Sean Healy | 22 Oct 07:41 2011
Picon

Re: Video on Eee 1015PE

On 10/21/2011 09:31 PM, Alexander von Gluck wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 14:26:27 -0500, Alexander von Gluck wrote:
>> On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 18:47:16 +0200, Sean Healy wrote:
>>> I can't get video to work on my new laptop. It works in safe mode at
>>> 800x600. (My screen is 1024x600, so even in safe mode it looks
>>> distorted.)
>>
>> From what I see online, the 1015PN has an on-board Intel GMA 3150
>
> My mistake, this is the 1015PE.. looks to have a Nvidia Ion2 discreet GPU.
>
> Your older eee most likely had an Intel chipset, newer Nvidia chipsets
> aren't supported natively under Haiku yet.

I ran lshw, which tells me it is an "N10 Family Integrated Graphics 
Controller" from "Intel Corporation".

According to Haikuware [1], it should work.

I installed Haiku via VMware, since the machine doesn't have a CD drive. 
Is it possible that re-installing via USB would fix the problem?

[1] http://haikuware.com/details/n10

Sean Collins | 22 Oct 08:02 2011
Picon
Picon

Re: Video on Eee 1015PE

Sean Healy wrote:
>
> I ran lshw, which tells me it is an "N10 Family Integrated Graphics 
> Controller" from "Intel Corporation".
>
> According to Haikuware [1], it should work.
>
> I installed Haiku via VMware, since the machine doesn't have a CD 
> drive. Is it possible that re-installing via USB would fix the problem?
>
> [1] http://haikuware.com/details/n10
>
>
You could have corrupted data from doing so. Maybe a clean format of the 
partition and a clean install from a cd rom or usb would work better.

luroh | 22 Oct 12:31 2011
Picon

Re: Video on Eee 1015PE

Sean Healy wrote:

> I ran lshw, which tells me it is an "N10 Family Integrated Graphics
> Controller" from "Intel Corporation".
>
> According to Haikuware [1], it should work.

I suspect you have a different device than the one listed at
Haikuware, possibly a012. Could you give us the output of "lspci -nn |
grep VGA"?

Haiku's intel_extreme driver seems to contain support for devices a001
and a011 only.

- luroh

Sean Healy | 22 Oct 17:54 2011
Picon

Re: Video on Eee 1015PE

On 10/22/2011 12:31 PM, luroh wrote:

> I suspect you have a different device than the one listed at
> Haikuware, possibly a012. Could you give us the output of "lspci -nn |
> grep VGA"?
>
> Haiku's intel_extreme driver seems to contain support for devices a001
> and a011 only.

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation N10 Family 
Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:a011]

So that's not the problem.

luroh | 22 Oct 18:26 2011
Picon

Re: Video on Eee 1015PE

Sean Healy wrote:

> 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation N10 Family
> Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:a011]

Looking at the commit history, support for this device was added by
brecht in r40319, but I am unable to find any evidence of it ever
being tested or working under Haiku. You may want to file a bug in
Trac.

- luroh

Jerry Babione | 22 Oct 19:32 2011
Picon

Re: Video on Eee 1015PE



On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 11:26 AM, luroh <lurohh-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
Sean Healy wrote:

> 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation N10 Family
> Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:a011]

Looking at the commit history, support for this device was added by
brecht in r40319, but I am unable to find any evidence of it ever
being tested or working under Haiku. You may want to file a bug in
Trac.

- luroh


A bug track would be a valid idea.  While I have several I. C. N10's in client use they are all running BeOS 5 MAX.  I hope the fix will be avail soon as these systems will need replacing soon.

--
Jerry Babione
Founder-Just Plain Folks Org. Inc.
Sean Healy | 9 Nov 23:17 2011
Picon

Re: Video on Eee 1015PE

On 10/22/2011 07:32 PM, Jerry Babione wrote:

> A bug track would be a valid idea.  While I have several I. C. N10's in
> client use they are all running BeOS 5 MAX.  I hope the fix will be
> avail soon as these systems will need replacing soon.

I managed to track down and fix this problem. I don't know whether the 
developers will adopt my fix; it seems that a developer had already 
found this exact issue with another chip but has not yet decided what 
fix to employ. (Note: I am not trying to criticize any developers; my 
fix may very well have unintended side effects, or may not work for all 
chips in this family.)

If anyone is interested, I can mail you a patch for the code, or just 
mail you the relevant updated accelerant file; it should work on any 
nightly from the last two months, but I strongly suspect it would not 
work on anything older.

Sean Healy | 30 Oct 13:43 2011
Picon

N10 graphics controller

I started a thread on the main list about my video problems in case it 
turned out to be a simple problem, but things seem to have progressed to 
the point where the development list is more appropriate.

I've been trying to gather information to put into a ticket for this 
problem. Here is part of the thread:

On 10/22/2011 06:26 PM, luroh wrote:
> Sean Healy wrote:
>
>> 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation N10 Family
>> Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:a011]

The one on my old laptop (which works fine) is:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Mobile 
945GME Express Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:27ae] (rev 03)

> Looking at the commit history, support for this device was added by
> brecht in r40319, but I am unable to find any evidence of it ever
> being tested or working under Haiku. You may want to file a bug in
> Trac.

I found that if I grep on 'controller' and not on 'VGA', I get two 
results on my new laptop:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation N10 Family 
Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:a011]
00:02.1 Display controller [0380]: Intel Corporation N10 Family 
Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:a012]

I don't know if the second controller is part of the problem or not.

By checking the boot log, I was able to see that near the end of the 
log, 'intel_extreme: uninit()' and 'intel_extreme: close()' are called. 
I would expect functions with those names to be called during shutdown, 
not at the end of startup. So either these two function calls are part 
of the problem, and I need guidance on what to look for next, or else 
someone with a different sense for function naming wrote the driver API 
(and I still need guidance on what to look for next).

I used the built-in log viewer to find this information. Is there any 
way to copy the in-memory buffer that holds the boot log onto a file? 
Can I dd it from a device? If so, which device and from what offset?

The log is huge and I don't want to copy the whole thing down by hand, 
but I don't know what parts are relevant to my problem. For example, the 
are lines starting 'AGP:' mixed among lines starting 'intel_extreme:', 
but I don't know what (if any) relation there is between them.

pulkomandy | 30 Oct 13:53 2011

Re: N10 graphics controller


> I used the built-in log viewer to find this information. Is there any
> way to copy the in-memory buffer that holds the boot log onto a file?
> Can I dd it from a device? If so, which device and from what offset?
> 

open /var/log/syslog in terminal
or /boot/common/var/log/syslog in tracker

> The log is huge and I don't want to copy the whole thing down by hand,
> but I don't know what parts are relevant to my problem. For example, the
> are lines starting 'AGP:' mixed among lines starting 'intel_extreme:',
> but I don't know what (if any) relation there is between them.

Send us the log so we can have a look :)

--

-- 
Adrien.

Michael Lotz | 30 Oct 16:15 2011
Picon

Re: N10 graphics controller

Sean Healy <jalopeura@...> wrote:
> On 10/22/2011 06:26 PM, luroh wrote:
> > Sean Healy wrote:
>>> 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation N10 
> > > Family
>>> Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:a011]
> 
> The one on my old laptop (which works fine) is:

This should be supported already, so something's going wrong. Quite 
possibly it's the regression tracked in #8001 if it only started failing 
more or less recently.

>> Looking at the commit history, support for this device was added by
>> brecht in r40319, but I am unable to find any evidence of it ever
>> being tested or working under Haiku. You may want to file a bug in
>> Trac.

Agreed. I can't really tell, for lack of hardware, either.

> 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation N10 Family 
> Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:a011]
> 00:02.1 Display controller [0380]: Intel Corporation N10 Family 
> Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:a012]
> 
> I don't know if the second controller is part of the problem or not.

Not really, only the first one is relevant.

> By checking the boot log, I was able to see that near the end of the 
> log, 'intel_extreme: uninit()' and 'intel_extreme: close()' are 
> called. 
> I would expect functions with those names to be called during 
> shutdown, 
> not at the end of startup. So either these two function calls are 
> part 
> of the problem, and I need guidance on what to look for next, or else 
> someone with a different sense for function naming wrote the driver 
> API 
> (and I still need guidance on what to look for next).

Yes, these are called during shutdown of the driver. So for some reason 
the driver isn't used any longer, i.e. due to the accelerant using it 
failed to initialize properly and getting shutdown as well.

> I used the built-in log viewer to find this information. Is there any 
> way to copy the in-memory buffer that holds the boot log onto a file? 
> Can I dd it from a device? If so, which device and from what offset?

What do you mean exactly? The built-in log viewer as in the "syslog" 
command of KDL? There's a way you can store that to a FAT formated USB 
stick from the bootloader. Otherwise just copy the syslog file as 
mentioned by Adrien.

Regards
Michael

Sean Healy | 2 Nov 12:15 2011
Picon

Re: N10 graphics controller

On 10/30/2011 04:15 PM, Michael Lotz wrote:
> Sean Healy<jalopeura@...>  wrote:
>> On 10/22/2011 06:26 PM, luroh wrote:
>>> Sean Healy wrote:
>>>> 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation N10
>>>> Family
>>>> Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:a011]
>>
>> The one on my old laptop (which works fine) is:
>
> This should be supported already, so something's going wrong. Quite
> possibly it's the regression tracked in #8001 if it only started failing
> more or less recently.

This is a new machine.

>> By checking the boot log, I was able to see that near the end of the
>> log, 'intel_extreme: uninit()' and 'intel_extreme: close()' are
>> called.
>> I would expect functions with those names to be called during
>> shutdown,
>> not at the end of startup. So either these two function calls are
>> part
>> of the problem, and I need guidance on what to look for next, or else
>> someone with a different sense for function naming wrote the driver
>> API
>> (and I still need guidance on what to look for next).
>
> Yes, these are called during shutdown of the driver. So for some reason
> the driver isn't used any longer, i.e. due to the accelerant using it
> failed to initialize properly and getting shutdown as well.

I'm not seeing those particular messages any longer. Perhaps when I saw 
them I was looking at a syslog from a boot when I had fail-safe video 
mode enabled. Would that cause this kind of shutdown?

>> I used the built-in log viewer to find this information. Is there any
>> way to copy the in-memory buffer that holds the boot log onto a file?
>> Can I dd it from a device? If so, which device and from what offset?
>
> What do you mean exactly? The built-in log viewer as in the "syslog"
> command of KDL? There's a way you can store that to a FAT formated USB
> stick from the bootloader. Otherwise just copy the syslog file as
> mentioned by Adrien.

Yes, that's the file I wanted. Storing it this way is easier than 
manually copying. I'm going to put a copy of the entire syslog on a 
ticket, but here are the lines that seem relevant to video issues. The 
ones that seem most suspicious to me are the DDC failures, which are 
followed by EDID failures. (Not that I know what DDC or EDID are, but 
the word 'failure' seems ominous.)

PCI: [dom 0, bus  0] bus   0, device  2, function  0: vendor 8086, 
device a011, revision 00
PCI:   class_base 03, class_function 00, class_api 00
PCI:   vendor 8086: Intel Corporation
PCI:   device a011: N10 Family Integrated Graphics Controller
PCI:   info: Display controller (VGA compatible controller, VGA controller)
PCI:   line_size 00, latency 00, header_type 80, BIST 00
PCI:   ROM base host 00000000, pci 00000000, size 00000000
PCI:   cardbus_CIS 00000000, subsystem_id 83ac, subsystem_vendor_id 1043
PCI:   interrupt_line 0f, interrupt_pin 01, min_grant 00, max_latency 00
PCI:   base reg 0: host f7e00000, pci f7e00000, size 00080000, flags 00
PCI:   base reg 1: host 0000dc00, pci 0000dc00, size 00000010, flags 09
PCI:   base reg 2: host d0000000, pci d0000000, size 10000000, flags 08
PCI:   base reg 3: host f7d00000, pci f7d00000, size 00100000, flags 00
PCI:   base reg 4: host 00000000, pci 00000000, size 00000000, flags 00
PCI:   base reg 5: host 00000000, pci 00000000, size 00000000, flags 00
PCI:   Capabilities: MSI, PM
PCI: [dom 0, bus  0] bus   0, device  2, function  1: vendor 8086, 
device a012, revision 00
PCI:   class_base 03, class_function 80, class_api 00
PCI:   vendor 8086: Intel Corporation
PCI:   device a012: N10 Family Integrated Graphics Controller
PCI:   info: Display controller
PCI:   line_size 00, latency 00, header_type 80, BIST 00
PCI:   ROM base host 00000000, pci 00000000, size 00000000
PCI:   cardbus_CIS 00000000, subsystem_id 83ac, subsystem_vendor_id 1043
PCI:   interrupt_line 00, interrupt_pin 00, min_grant 00, max_latency 00
PCI:   base reg 0: host f7e80000, pci f7e80000, size 00080000, flags 00
PCI:   base reg 1: host 00000000, pci 00000000, size 00000000, flags 00
PCI:   base reg 2: host 00000000, pci 00000000, size 00000000, flags 00
PCI:   base reg 3: host 00000000, pci 00000000, size 00000000, flags 00
PCI:   base reg 4: host 00000000, pci 00000000, size 00000000, flags 00
PCI:   base reg 5: host 00000000, pci 00000000, size 00000000, flags 00
PCI:   Capabilities: PM

<snip>

intel_extreme: init_hardware()
intel_extreme: init_driver()
AGP: bus manager init
AGP: found 0 AGP devices
intel_extreme: (0) Atom_N4x0, revision = 0x0
intel_extreme: publish_devices()
intel_extreme: find_device()
loaded driver /boot/system/add-ons/kernel/drivers/dev/graphics/intel_extreme

Radeon - init_hardware: Version: 5.1.6.0
Radeon - Radeon_CardDetect: no supported devices found
slab memory manager: created area 0x85001000 (2853)
S3: init_hardware() - no supported devices
vesa: init_hardware()
vesa: init_driver()
vesa: publish_devices()
vesa: find_device()
loaded driver /boot/system/add-ons/kernel/drivers/dev/graphics/vesa
intel_extreme: open(name = graphics/intel_extreme_000200)
etherpci: init_driver add_memory_type_range(2866, 0xf7e00000, 0x80000, 0)
init_driver: etherpci not found
set MTRRs to:
   mtrr:  0: base: 0x7f680000, size:    0x80000, type: 0
   mtrr:  1: base: 0xe0000000, size: 0x20000000, type: 0
   mtrr:  2: base: 0x80000000, size: 0x80000000, type: 1
add_memory_type_range(2868, 0xf7d00000, 0x100000, 0)
set MTRRs to:
   mtrr:  0: base: 0x7f680000, size:    0x80000, type: 0
   mtrr:  1: base: 0xe0000000, size: 0x20000000, type: 0
   mtrr:  2: base: 0x80000000, size: 0x80000000, type: 1
intel_gart: detected 8 MB of stolen memory, aperture size 256 MB, GTT 
size 1024 KB
intel_gart: GTT base = 0xf7d00000
intel_gart: MMIO base = 0xf7e00000
intel_gart: GMR base = 0xd0000000
add_memory_type_range(2870, 0xd0000000, 0x10000000, 1)
set MTRRs to:
   mtrr:  0: base: 0x7f680000, size:    0x80000, type: 0
   mtrr:  1: base: 0xe0000000, size: 0x20000000, type: 0
   mtrr:  2: base: 0x80000000, size: 0x80000000, type: 1
add_memory_type_range(2873, 0xf7e00000, 0x80000, 0)
set MTRRs to:
   mtrr:  0: base: 0x7f680000, size:    0x80000, type: 0
   mtrr:  1: base: 0xe0000000, size: 0x20000000, type: 0
   mtrr:  2: base: 0x80000000, size: 0x80000000, type: 1
AGP: create memory 0x82624f00, base 90000000, size 10000, flags 0
AGP: allocation is made of reserved memory
AGP: reserved memory already bound
i965 quirk
AGP: create memory 0x82624e80, base 907ff000, size 1000, flags 2
AGP: allocate 4096 bytes out of 4096
AGP: bind 4096 bytes at 907ff000
intel_extreme_init() completed successfully!
intel_extreme: accelerant: intel_extreme.accelerant
intel_init_accelerant()
PLL limits, min: p 5 (p1 1, p2 10), n 3, m 2 (m1 0, m2 2)
PLL limits, max: p 80 (p1 8, p2 5), n 6, m 256 (m1 0, m2 256)
head detected: 0xa
adpa: 40008c18, dova: 00000000, dovb: 00300000, lvds: c0300300
DDC: ddc2_read(): DDC information read failure
Last message repeated 3 times.
intel_extreme: getting EDID on port A (analog) failed : No Error (8). 
Trying on port C (lvds)
DDC: ddc2_read(): DDC information read failure
Last message repeated 3 times.
intel_extreme: getting EDID on port C failed : No Error (8)

<snip>

intel_get_edid_info()
intel_get_edid_info()
intel_accelerant_mode_count()
intel_get_mode_info()
intel_set_display_mode(1024x600)
intel_propose_display_mode()
AGP: create memory 0x825a2840, base 90010000, size 258000, flags 0
AGP: allocation is made of reserved memory
AGP: reserved memory already bound
PLL limits, min: p 5 (p1 1, p2 10), n 3, m 2 (m1 0, m2 2)
PLL limits, max: p 80 (p1 8, p2 5), n 6, m 256 (m1 0, m2 256)
required MHz: 6.4
found: 1.85907e-10 MHz, p = 2147412332 (p1 = 9665358, p2 = 9702336), n = 
2147412060, m = 8930061 (m1 = 8, m2 = 10002)
intel_get_frame_buffer_config()

Adrien Destugues | 2 Nov 12:21 2011

Re: N10 graphics controller

Sean Healy <jalopeura@...> a écrit :
> DDC: ddc2_read(): DDC information read failure
> Last message repeated 3 times.
> intel_extreme: getting EDID on port A (analog) failed : No Error (8). 
> Trying on port C (lvds)
> DDC: ddc2_read(): DDC information read failure
> Last message repeated 3 times.
> intel_extreme: getting EDID on port C failed : No Error (8)

Well that's actually expected, it tries multiple DDC ports until 
finding one that works. Since it only tries A and C, I'd guesd your 
card as it plugged on B ? :)

--

-- 
Adrien.

Sean Healy | 9 Nov 23:06 2011
Picon

Re: N10 graphics controller

On 10/30/2011 04:15 PM, Michael Lotz wrote:

> This should be supported already, so something's going wrong. Quite
> possibly it's the regression tracked in #8001 if it only started failing
> more or less recently.

Sorry to take so long with this; life interrupted and I was unable to 
get back to Haiku for a while.

I had intended to create a ticket, but decided to research whether it 
was related to the #8001 first. Upon doing so, I realized that my Haiku 
was older than I had realized. I updated to a more recent nightly, and 
found a different problem.

I was able to resolve the new problem, and have attached a comment to 
the ticket indicating how I did so. And apparently the changes which 
prompted #8001, or some set of changes before it, resolved my original 
problem, so now Haiku is working properly on my new laptop.


Gmane