Mikey | 19 Oct 06:46 2012
Picon

9.1-RC2 - Warden - Jails Outside Default Directory

Hello,

TrueOS install using PC-BSD 9.1-RC2 with the following three conditions:

-- select a directory for JDIR other than the default of /usr/jails
-- /usr/jails not yet created (true for default install)
-- chroot not yet downloaded

In /usr/local/share/warden/scripts/backend/functions.sh, WORLDCHROOT is hard coded to be
"/usr/jails/.warden-chroot.txz". The downloadchroot function tries to move the tarball to
WORLDCHROOT after downloading, which does not exist. This causes any traditional jail created using
Warden to fail to install world, since createjail.sh looks for the tarball in the WORLDCHROOT directory.

Looks like in functions.sh one could set:
WORLDCHROOT="${JDIR}/.warden-chroot.txz"

Thanks for the good work,
Mike
Kris Moore | 19 Oct 09:55 2012

Re: 9.1-RC2 - Warden - Jails Outside Default Directory