Andreas Hotz | 1 Nov 10:49 2012

System Settings Video

Hallo, may be there aren't a lot of pc-thinclient user ! ?

But is there a way to control the video settings via gui
in the System-Setting or at boot up the client with F6
at start option ?

Thanks for your support

PS: changing the xorg in the editor isn't so easy !

Thanks for your support

A.Hotz
info | 2 Nov 12:20 2012
Picon

Re: System Settings Video

Does the pc-thinclient script finished without errors?

Building an Desktop Server with 9.1 RC2 x64 hang up.
Here are the last messages after a long time compiling a VM.
Seems this is to fix manually see https://trac.pcbsd.org/ticket/680

config.status: executing libtool commands
rm: libtoolT: No such file or directory
Done configuring
===>  Building for libxml2-2.7.8_5
env: gmake: No such file or directory
*** [do-build] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/textproc/libxml2.
*** [lib-depends] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/textproc/py-libxml2.
*** [build-depends] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/dri.
*** [run-depends] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11/xorg.
ERROR: Failed building thinclient world ports!

Am 01.11.2012 um 10:49 schrieb Andreas Hotz:

> Hallo, may be there aren't a lot of pc-thinclient user ! ?

(Continue reading)

Kris Moore | 2 Nov 17:23 2012

Re: System Settings Video

On 11/01/2012 05:49, Andreas Hotz wrote:
> Hallo, may be there aren't a lot of pc-thinclient user ! ?
>
> But is there a way to control the video settings via gui
> in the System-Setting or at boot up the client with F6
> at start option ?
>
> Thanks for your support
>
> PS: changing the xorg in the editor isn't so easy !
>

> Thanks for your support
>

> A.Hotz

Thin-client is for a very small subset of users, so far less of them I'm
sure :)

Right now the clients just default to letting Xorg auto-detect the best
resolution, which it sounds like isn't working well in your case. Once
you do get a working config though, in the text-menu you can select to
"Save" the config for that client, so it'll keep using it each time you
reboot.

(Continue reading)

Andreas Hotz | 2 Nov 22:41 2012

Re: System Settings Video

2012/11/2 Kris Moore <kris@...>:
> On 11/01/2012 05:49, Andreas Hotz wrote:
>> Hallo, may be there aren't a lot of pc-thinclient user ! ?
>>
>> But is there a way to control the video settings via gui
>> in the System-Setting or at boot up the client with F6
>> at start option ?
>>
>> Thanks for your support
>>
>> PS: changing the xorg in the editor isn't so easy !
>>

>> Thanks for your support
>>

>> A.Hotz
>
> Thin-client is for a very small subset of users, so far less of them I'm
> sure :)
>
> Right now the clients just default to letting Xorg auto-detect the best
> resolution, which it sounds like isn't working well in your case. Once
> you do get a working config though, in the text-menu you can select to
> "Save" the config for that client, so it'll keep using it each time you
> reboot.
(Continue reading)

Arthur Koziol | 5 Nov 19:14 2012

9.1 RC3

Kris,

Looks like they just released BSD 9.1 RC3 but Final is to come a few
days later. Are you planning on skipping an RC3 release since they're
release Final so close?

Arthur
Kris Moore | 5 Nov 21:56 2012

Re: 9.1 RC3

No, we will do a RC3 probably a bit later this week, and then test and issue a release shortly after FreeBSD
does theirs. We are testing KDE 4.9.2 to see if it can safely go into this release.

--
Kris Moore
PC-BSD / iXsystems

On Nov 5, 2012, at 1:14 PM, Arthur Koziol <A-Koziol@...> wrote:

> Kris,
>
> Looks like they just released BSD 9.1 RC3 but Final is to come a few days later. Are you planning on skipping
an RC3 release since they're release Final so close?

> Arthur
Arthur Koziol | 5 Nov 22:17 2012

Re: 9.1 RC3

Kris,

4.9.2? Cool! I'm surprised 4.8.5 never got pushed out. Looking forward
to testing RC3.

Arthur

> No, we will do a RC3 probably a bit later this week, and then test and issue a release shortly after FreeBSD
does theirs. We are testing KDE 4.9.2 to see if it can safely go into this release.

> --
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD / iXsystems
>
> On Nov 5, 2012, at 1:14 PM, Arthur Koziol<A-Koziol@...>  wrote:
>

>> Kris,
>>
>> Looks like they just released BSD 9.1 RC3 but Final is to come a few days later. Are you planning on skipping
an RC3 release since they're release Final so close?

>> Arthur

Ira Taylor | 10 Nov 12:58 2012

Re: 9.1 RC3

On 11/05/2012 14:56, Kris Moore wrote:
> No, we will do a RC3 probably a bit later this week, and then test and issue a release shortly after FreeBSD
does theirs. We are testing KDE 4.9.2 to see if it can safely go into this release.

> --
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD / iXsystems
>
> On Nov 5, 2012, at 1:14 PM, Arthur Koziol <A-Koziol@...> wrote:
>
>> Kris,
>>
>> Looks like they just released BSD 9.1 RC3 but Final is to come a few days later. Are you planning on skipping
an RC3 release since they're release Final so close?

>> Arthur

Fingers crossed that you can that in, looking at the new kde, I might
switch to it.  Great job you guys are doing.

thanka
(Continue reading)

Kris Moore | 12 Nov 18:19 2012

Re: 9.1 RC3

On 11/10/2012 06:58, Ira Taylor wrote:
> On 11/05/2012 14:56, Kris Moore wrote:
>> No, we will do a RC3 probably a bit later this week, and then test
>> and issue a release shortly after FreeBSD does theirs. We are testing
>> KDE 4.9.2 to see if it can safely go into this release.
>>
>> --
>> Kris Moore
>> PC-BSD / iXsystems
>>
>> On Nov 5, 2012, at 1:14 PM, Arthur Koziol <A-Koziol@...> wrote:
>>
>>> Kris,
>>>
>>> Looks like they just released BSD 9.1 RC3 but Final is to come a few
>>> days later. Are you planning on skipping an RC3 release since
>>> they're release Final so close?
>>>
>>> Arthur
>>
> Fingers crossed that you can that in, looking at the new kde, I might
> switch to it.  Great job you guys are doing.
(Continue reading)

Johann Hugo | 6 Dec 16:33 2012
Picon

Re: 9.1 RC3

On Monday, November 05, 2012 03:56:34 PM Kris Moore wrote:

> No, we will do a RC3 probably a bit later this week, and then test and issue

> a release shortly after FreeBSD does theirs. We are testing KDE 4.9.2 to

> see if it can safely go into this release.

Been using KDE 4.9.2 for the last week, but kmail is full of bugs :(

Johann

> --

> Kris Moore

> PC-BSD / iXsystems

> On Nov 5, 2012, at 1:14 PM, Arthur Koziol <A-Koziol-QtYOAdWFdlQ@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> > Kris,

> > Looks like they just released BSD 9.1 RC3 but Final is to come a few days

> > later. Are you planning on skipping an RC3 release since they're release

> > Final so close?

> > Arthur

Arthur Koziol | 6 Dec 22:11 2012

Re: 9.1 RC3