Is it not RIGHT NOW the best time to make a clear presentation or summary of the major action points for carfree cities and areas? Gas prices are causing headaches and otherwise unsolvable problems for both private citizens and their communities, cities, regions, etc.
What I would propose:
1. Make cycling 100% safe where possible, by creating segregated lanes without any contact with motorised traffic.
2. Make walking 100% safe with segregated lanes/paths, etc.
3. Lower the price of public transport especially when it is run on electricity or other sustainable energy forms.
4. Learn about the benefits of compact living for citizens and their cities, regions, etc:
- Better economies at all levels
- Better air quality and environment
- Better health
- More room for nature to thrive
- Less energy used
- Less greenhouse gases emitted
with good wishes,
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "World Carfree Network" group.
To post to this group, send email to carfree_network-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org
Replies are sent to the author of the message.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group athttp://groups.google.com/group/carfree_network?hl=en?hl=en