Ds2inc | 15 Mar 01:28 2013

Hybrid switching???

Wouldn't the principal of parallel and series switching work in a hybrid situation?? Can a Zilla and
Hairball switch from an electric to ICE and back??

Would it have to I/o with the cars brain or replace or bypass??

In a non brain car could it fire the starter allowing you using a manual (or auto????) trans to drop into the
appropriate gear from neutral??

Thoughts????

Drew

Sent from my iPhone
Ds2inc | 15 Mar 01:35 2013

Re: Hybrid switching???

Hmmmm I see the inherent problem with a non brain car--- switching back and forth when speeds change ! Must be
a work around???

Sent from my iPhone

Wouldn't the principal of parallel and series switching work in a hybrid situation?? Can a Zilla and
Hairball switch from an electric to ICE and back??

Would it have to I/o with the cars brain or replace or bypass??

In a non brain car could it fire the starter allowing you using a manual (or auto????) trans to drop into the
appropriate gear from neutral??

Thoughts????

Drew

Sent from my iPhone

Marcus Reddish | 15 Mar 01:52 2013
Picon

Re: Hybrid switching???

The question at hand is the term 'brain'.  Is a voltage switch a 'brain'?

Some would argue yes, others no.

If you are contemplating any kind of mechanical or beastly (oxen, mules,
etc) transportation, I encourage you to 'embrace the brain'.

..and make peace with it.

Cheers.

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 6:35 PM, Ds2inc <Ds2inc@...> wrote:

> Hmmmm I see the inherent problem with a non brain car--- switching back
> and forth when speeds change ! Must be a work around???

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Mar 14, 2013, at 5:28 PM, Ds2inc <Ds2inc@...> wrote:
>
> Wouldn't the principal of parallel and series switching work in a hybrid
> situation?? Can a Zilla and Hairball switch from an electric to ICE and
> back??
>
> Would it have to I/o with the cars brain or replace or bypass??
>
> In a non brain car could it fire the starter allowing you using a manual
> (or auto????) trans to drop into the appropriate gear from neutral??
(Continue reading)

Ds2inc | 15 Mar 01:54 2013

Re: Hybrid switching???

On board computer lol!!

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 14, 2013, at 5:52 PM, Marcus Reddish
The question at hand is the term 'brain'.  Is a voltage switch a 'brain'?

Some would argue yes, others no.

If you are contemplating any kind of mechanical or beastly (oxen, mules,
etc) transportation, I encourage you to 'embrace the brain'.

..and make peace with it.

Cheers.

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 6:35 PM, Ds2inc <Ds2inc@...> wrote:

> Hmmmm I see the inherent problem with a non brain car--- switching back
> and forth when speeds change ! Must be a work around???

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Mar 14, 2013, at 5:28 PM, Ds2inc <Ds2inc@...> wrote:
>
> Wouldn't the principal of parallel and series switching work in a hybrid
(Continue reading)

Roland Wiench | 15 Mar 03:45 2013
Picon

Re: Hybrid switching???

My EV use to be a hybrid before I converted to a Electric only.  No computer
was use.  The engine was a GM V-6 which was electrical couple to the pilot
shaft of a GE-11 inch DC traction motor.

The engine could drive the vehicle when the coupler was engage which
mechanical rotated the motor through to the transmission.  Use a industrial
multiple vacuum switch that received the vacuum signal from the engine, I
can operated the motor as a helper to the engine.

Or the engine disengages from the motor and the operate the motor only.

Or if the motor current is too high, the engine would held out the motor.

 Any time the vacuum would drop below 15 in.hg, the engine accelerator
linkage would transfer to the motor accelerator which controls the motor
only, while the engine would idle down.

Use this system back in the 80's so I can keep up with the highway traffic
going up steep grades going at 75 to 80 mph.

Roland

> Wouldn't the principal of parallel and series switching work in a hybrid
> situation?? Can a Zilla and Hairball switch from an electric to ICE and
(Continue reading)

Ds2inc | 15 Mar 03:51 2013

Re: Hybrid switching???

Roland followed most of this will go they it a couple more times but Thank you so very much!!!

I would love to talk more about this at some time in the near future if you wouldn't mind!

Sent from my iPhone

[...]

Ds2inc | 15 Mar 21:51 2013

Re: Hybrid switching???

I hate to inconvenience you but is there any way you could digram this for me??

Drew

Sent from my iPhone

[...]

Ds2inc | 18 Mar 23:24 2013

Re: Hybrid switching???

Hmmm thought this would generate more discourse?? I truly thank Rolland but i am suprised others haven't
had any thoughts in regard to this concept!

Sent from my iPhone

Wouldn't the principal of parallel and series switching work in a hybrid situation?? Can a Zilla and
Hairball switch from an electric to ICE and back??

Would it have to I/o with the cars brain or replace or bypass??

In a non brain car could it fire the starter allowing you using a manual (or auto????) trans to drop into the
appropriate gear from neutral??

Thoughts????

Drew

Sent from my iPhone

R Willis | 19 Mar 02:25 2013

Re: Hybrid switching???

right now we are working on a new 2013 jeep wrangler manuala v 6 we
want to leave the
onboard computer in place and recode it or change it to see a gasser

we have to have the safety systems in tack and in place as we plan to
build more
warp 11 and a soliton1  and super caps we are going to build out a
box in the middle
to handle amp control if it all works well we will run it in the gumball rally

we had looked at a hybrid but the wiring was more then i wanted to attack
are next one in the shop will be a dodge 2500 4 door

we are making these all hwy runners 100 mph