fredhengel | 2 Oct 05:27 2011
Picon

Re: Over night parking in Rapid City, (Camping verses Parking)

I drove into the Rapid City WM 3 days ago and right away spotted the New Style No overnight RV or truck parking
"Strictly Enforced" Signs.
I would not have stayed anyway as the overcrowed lot seemed unsafe. It was a job just to get out of the lot after
I commited to the entrance with my 40 footer and towed. The Golden Coral restaurant customers took up the
entire front of the lot. I have been to hundreds of WM lots over the years and this was one of the few lots I
would not stay at.

Im now at Billings Mt and it appears the city code now requires that No overnight parking signs be posted at
all parking lots capable of holding RV's.The parking lot owner where Im now parked,Not WalMart, told me
there is no law enforcement to the vehicles parked but the signs are now required by code.

--- In walmartrving@..., Gene Teggatz <edteggatz <at> ...> wrote:

> Dave,
>
> Thanks for carrying the ball for us.
>
> Meeting in person is much more influential than an email.  The founder
> of this group (not me) about 5 years ago carried the ball for us when
> the Billings, MT ordnance was being rewritten.  (He lived about 40 miles
> away.)  He even had an audience with and presentation to the council,
> which took what he said to heart and rewrite the ordnance to effectively
> give us one night.
>
> Gene
>
> On 9/22/2011 1:29 PM, Dave Jeffries wrote:

(Continue reading)

JimC | 3 Oct 18:49 2011
Picon

Re: Over night parking in Billings, Mt.

We did not pull into the Walmart in Billings, but did stop at the Cabelas (early September) to utilize their
rv dump.  Observed several signs stating "No Overnight Parking" in the rv parking area.  We did not inquire
as we were passing thru.

jim

--- In walmartrving@..., "fredhengel" <fjhengel <at> ...> wrote:

> Im now at Billings Mt and it appears the city code now requires that No overnight parking signs be posted at
all parking lots capable of holding RV's.The parking lot owner where Im now parked,Not WalMart, told me
there is no law enforcement to the vehicles parked but the signs are now required by code.

------------------------------------

Jay Rutherford | 4 Oct 03:59 2011
Picon

Re: Re: Over night parking in Billings, Mt.

At the Cabelas store in Billings, looking carefully, we found the No
Overnight Parking signs were located in areas of the parking lot marked
for no parking. When I asked for permission to park overnight, the
customer service person said, "No permission is needed." I inquired
whether the cops would oust us, and she said "No." We spent the night
and used the dump facility. There were three other RVs in the RV parking
area that night.

Jay

------------------------------------

Dave Jeffries | 5 Oct 20:55 2011
Picon

Billings, -vs- Rapid

Thanks Jay for the report on Billings,

I hope that's what Rapid's store is going to do,  designate where we are to park by marking the rest of the
lots NOP and leaving an area on the South side for OP.

73  de  N0GMP  // Dave J
===============================

From: Jay Rutherford <k3bh@...>
Re: Over night parking in Billings, Mt.

At the Cabelas store in Billings, looking carefully, we found the No
Overnight Parking signs were located in areas of the parking lot marked
for no parking. When I asked for permission to park overnight, the
customer service person said, "No permission is needed." I inquired
whether the cops would oust us, and she said "No." We spent the night
and used the dump facility. There were three other RVs in the RV parking
area that night.

Jay

Wal Mart | 4 Oct 20:12 2011
Picon

Re: Over night parking in Rapid City,

I've overnighted numerous times year round over the years at the RC WalMart (when it was allowed) with never
a single problem. It's extremely safe, I'd say (and I am outside my camper, walking my dogs including late
night and early morning). Also I've never found it overly crowded though the lot close to the store was
quite full just before Christmas, not surprisingly. The area for campers never has been overly crowded
when I've been there, however.